Problems with new build.....

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming MB in a Mini-ITX 'Ncase M1' chassis.... VERY tight quarters... has been a difficult build for me...

One of the last items to place on the case is the side panel with my 2 Vardar 120mm fans. I cannot get one of the fans' power cable connected to the fan header...the one that is right near the video card, as the 1080-FE is in the way. When I try to remove the video card to do that I can't get it out of it's PCI slot on the MB.... it's stuck in there. On the nVidia card there's a little tab that you can supposedly push to help remove the 1080, but it does no good regardless of which way I push it before trying to remove the card ....... Help, please...

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
From what I can see, there is a small arm to the side of the connector (at the end of the slot). Push the left side of it (the side closer to the rear) towards the card and see if you can pull up. With no power going to the board, you may do well using a screwdriver to push the arm, concidering how small and close to the board it is.

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
Well, could not get the 1080-FE out of the PCI slot, so I removed the Noctua C14 HSF from MB, & cleaned original Gelid paste off the cpu. With the HSF out of the way, now I could connect the side panel Vardar fan power cable to the lower-left fan header on the MB right next to the 1080. I then re-installed the Noctua C14 to the CPU. I am concerned with the Gelid paste re-application, as it seemed too thick to spread well....

I used a zip-tie to get the power cables from the MB to the PSU away from the Vardar fans (also put on the fan guards as well). I attached the side panel fan bracket w/ the Vardar's to the case. I just put on the aluminum panels.

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
Sounds like a great build!

Thanks.

Should be fine to run Battlefield 1 at high settings for my son and I. Just hope I didn't screw up anything... I'll find out when I boot it for the first time!! :0