Problems with my I7 2600K

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by allstars, Nov 5, 2012.

1. allstars

allstars Member

Hey guys, anyone able to get Intels I7 2600k to work with folding@home?
    I've tried 2 versions and now the beta release.
    My 6900 GPU works fine, but my CPU just runs 100% and then no result for the CPU shows up. It keeps running 100% but i get no result.

Anyone in for help pleaze ??

2. allstars

allstars Member

Pheew.. Getting scared now. I've got a few more machines operating, but my "best beast" only running with the GPU. Have a 4.4GHz CPU ready aswell, but i cant get it do to with folding. Either i stop total, even though i got quite som gr8 results or I get respond on my help. AnAndTech's the best..

3. blckgrffn

blckgrffn Diamond Member

What tasks are you running? When you say it runs 100% on the CPU but you get no result, what does that mean? A screen cap might be really helpful in this regard...

You'll have to give the folding guys a little bit to come out, I get the feeling that our most experienced ones don't hit here everyday. :)

4. GLeeM

GLeeM Elite Member

If I remember right, the CPU client takes much longer to finish WUs than the GPU client.

It might help if you post the first 20-50 lines of FAHlog.txt

#4 GLeeM, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  5. blckgrffn

blckgrffn Diamond Member

Right. Yeah, CPU can take minutes, many minutes, even to finish 1% of a WU. Patience, it might only do 2-3 per day depending on how big of a fish you land.

6. allstars

allstars Member

Woow.. Thx as usual.
    I now somehow, got credits for my CPU work. I do run 7.2.9 and way out of nothing, somehow i get it to work.
    I now get credits for both CPU and GPU, just as i hoped for from the beginning.