problems with ecs k7vta3 ver2

Newt015

Mar 27, 2002
I'm having many problems getting my new system to work. Here are my base specs:

ECS K7VTA3 ver2
AMD Athalon XP 1700+ (retail hsf included)
Mushkin 256 MB DDRam pc-2100
Visiontek geforce 3 ti200
Antec 300w ps

The first problem thats come up is that my system won't post when I have the fsb set at 133 (jumper 3). It will at least post if I set the fsb to 100, but my processor is only running at 1.1 ghz.

The other problem I'm having is that in order to restart my system, I have to clear my cmos (jumper 7) every time. When I do this, and the system does post, I get the regular info and the line "CMOS checksum error-defaults loaded". When I restart and don't clear the cmos, the motherboard starts beeping every 5 seconds and the screen stays black.

I've tried reseating the video card and ram about 4 times, with the same results. I'm no computer wiz, so I'm gonna need some hand-holding in order to get this thing to work. Thanks in advance.

NICKCARTER

Nov 2, 2001
Hi, if it posts when you clear the cmos I don´t think your problem is "unseated" cards.
I have not worked with this mb so I don´t now if it is some bios/mb related problem, but
check your floppy & floppy cable (if you have one) if not, check that your bios settings is
set to work without a floppy..........

Newt015

Mar 27, 2002
Thanks for the reply nickcarter. I do have a floppy drive in there and the cable connection seems to be fine.
Anyone else have any ideas?