Problems in Fallout 4 with clearing Jamaica Plains

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I have a problem which seemed to be pretty widespread initially. Happening upon County Crossing, I was tasked with clearing out the ghouls in Jamaica Plans (lol @ "nearby".) Shouldn't be a problem, right? Worked fine my first play through. However, this time I cannot get the game to accept that I've killed everything. I have methodically searched every building, turned off clipping to search beneath and through every building, ran around shooting and blowing up every car to attract attention, used killall, nothing works. I used sqt to identify the quest and I'm not at all sure it's showing up - I have a LOT of quests because I'm playing with Modern Weapons and Deadly Raiders/Deadly Gunners which greatly increase spawns and levels, so that even at level 41 there are tons of raiders and even more Gunners who can remove my head with one shot, so I really have to pick and choose my battles. But I went through every quest showing up with sqt with both movetoqt and completequest, and nothing seems to match clearing Jamaica Plans. (Although I'm guessing alot since "help <questname> 0" is flat-out not working for me, if movetoqt does anything, I must have the correct quest ID.) I cannot get a hard quest ID since it's a radiant quest, and it's knocking me out of two separate settlements.

Any ideas?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I would fast travel away and come back. Leftover enemies should either pop up, or leave for good.

Failing that, I'm pretty sure theres a console command which unlocks a settlement for work.

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015
Isn't there some sort of basement or cellar type area around there? Maybe try clearing that. I think it's associated with the 'treasure at jamaica plains' or some such quest.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
There is the Jamaica Plains Treasures Exhibit, in the basement of the City Hall. I cleared that out, but it made no difference. I'm thinking that it may be because my Deadly Gunners mod spawned a large group of Gunners there and they killed roughly half the ghouls before I got there/right after I got there. (Lots of times my mods spawn competing groups of enemies who then have titanic battles, sometimes three or even four sides. I try to let them kill off each other and far as possible since the game even at level 40 can be brutal with the Modern Weapons mod.)

I've gone on with my game. I'll come back in three days or more to see if anything attacks me. If not, I'll look further into console commands or mods.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Isn't there some sort of basement or cellar type area around there? Maybe try clearing that. I think it's associated with the 'treasure at jamaica plains' or some such quest.
This turned out to be the case. I have a mod called "Jamaica Plains Express" which introduces a trader. Well, it also introduces a storm drain infested with ghouls and even though it's a different cell, it counts. I went around pointing at every manhole cover and door (among other things) and discovered this. Wasn't an issue first time around because I loaded the mod way after the Jamaica Plains quest. DOH!

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
There's a Jamaica Plains in Fallout 4 ?!?!?

lol. how could i have not noticed. i used to live in jamaica plains IRL in the 90s.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
yeah, i googled some F4 images and it doesn't look anything like the real JP.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
In my current playthrough I decided to go on the Institute mission right after Bunker Hill which makes the BOS forever hostile. Hey, they're pretty much PWEs anyway, right? When we exited the elevator, I decided to fight until the BOS stopped coming that never happened. I crouched and fired and healed and looted, dying numerous times, for maybe twenty minutes. An odd thing happened - almost none of the bodies disappeared. Pretty soon the lobby was literally waist deep in corpses, to the point that often I could see an unlooted body but could not find an angle to click on it. At one point I thought I saw a synth covered in bodies and unable to break free, although thinking about it later it was probably one of those Creation Engine dead body glitches. Eventually I accidentally picked the pocket of a synth while looting a body, making them hostile to me too. That kept me too busy shooting and healing to loot, so I headed for the door. By the time I waddled out, I had over 15,000 lbs of loot. I came home with 14 Legendary weapons (none of any use to me, although four are missile launchers), ten Accuracy International AS50 .50 cal autoloading snipers, thirty-two bolt snipers in .338 Lapua or .50 BMG, 124 Institute pistols or rifles, 58 shock batons, 56 laser pistols or rifles, and a whopping 321 other weapons from Modern Weapons - including one 88mm tank cannon. Sometimes a synth whaling on me with a shock baton would actually be carrying a weapon capable of killing me with one or two shots. I came home with 18 Legendary pieces of armor (including a couple of possible use) as well as 94 full sets of BOS II T60b armor, 23 sets of BOS combat armor, 159 BOS uniforms, 46 BOS fatigues, 63 Dragonskin armored vests with too many pieces of synth armor or tactical armor to count, 34 BOS Engineer armors, 131 BOS Field Scribe armors, and 45 BOS Science Scribe armors. Altogether I returned with 422 BOS holotags and 181 synth components. I think there were many more dead synths, but it was much harder to pick out unlooted synth corpses, especially once they are covered with other bodies.

At one point I put away my rifle and thought that the synths had forgiven me. But what had actually happened was that NPCs were having a very difficult time picking out live targets. Often they would walk or crouch right past each other (or me) like land sharks in a sea of corpses. It was truly Serious Sam, Fallout 4 edition. Whee!