Problem with telephone

wpshooter

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2004
Occasionally I will have a problem with my landline telephone, in that, all of a sudden I find I can no longer RECEIVE calls. I can successfully make outgoing calls to other people, they just can not call me, they get a busy signal when they try. While this problem with receiving calls is occurring my DSL computer signal works just fine. This problem seems to happen during or just after rainy weather periods.

The telephone repair guy (Verizon), said that these problem were occurring because squirrels are chewing holes thru the telephone lines and then rain water is getting into the lines. But my question is, if this is really the cause of the problem then why does it not also cause a problem with me making outgoing calls and why would my DSL computer signal not also be negatively affected ?

Thanks.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I applaud the Verizon tech for the creative answer, and while that may not be the specific cause, it is easy to test the quality of the line with the proper equipment. And if it IS damaged, then they need to repair/replace it.