Problem with Office 2000 Premium

gustavo

Jul 25, 2001
I had this problem before in another installation, you open any of the Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and as soon as the application starts it closes alone in a matter of seconds.

When in the previous installation, uninstalling and reinstalling Office solved the problem. But now no way, I solved it installing Office XP, so no problem anymore but it keeps bothering me WTF could be behind.

Both Installations are Windows 2000 Pro.-

Anybody experienced anything similar and have a clue ?

Thanks Gustavo.-:eek:

jmorrell

Oct 20, 1999
This is a known problem, and it's documented in the MS Knowledgebase. If happens if Office 2000 Service Pack 1 is installed on copies of Office installed with certain CD keys. Some corporate CD keys were heavily pirated, so MS caused Office 2000 to exhibit the behavior you saw when Service Pack 1 was installed. The solution is to either (1) reinstall Office 2000 without the service pack; or (2) reinstall Office 2000 with a valid CD key from a retail version (from a friend?) and then install the service pack.

gustavo

Jul 25, 2001
Ok, in the first machine I was trying to install the Service Pack 1 and it could be the situation you describe...

But in the second machine there was no Service Pack 1 however the problem was similar, only that the applications lasted longer, they closed just in the measure you clicked over the corresponding window, if you didnt the application cold stay alive...

Anyway thanks for the info, is good to know/test if you are dealing with a pirate....

Gustavo.-