Problem with HDTV tuner (FusionHDTV)

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I have recently upgraded to a GeForce 6800 from a GeForce FX card. Immediately, I started having this weird problem with my HDTV tuner.

This wave appears and goes from the top of the image all the way to the bottom. It sort of looks like those lines that appear when they show a CRT monitor on television, except this is just one line and it takes about 5 seconds from top to bottom.

It only shows up when watching live TV. If I record it while its happening, it doesn't show up when playing back the recording. It only affects the HDTV image window, not my whole monitor.

I've tried moving the card to another PCI slot and uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers with no success.

HDTVMan

Banned
Apr 28, 2005
Sounds like Radio Frequency interfearance. Move the cards as far apart as you can.

But before that try moving your VGA cable around and try reseating the cable.

Thats more of a design issue and you have to figure out if its caused by the Tuner generating a strong RF or the Video card picking up the stray RF.

Tough.

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I tried moving things around without any success. A new driver pack was released a few days ago. I installed it and now it seems to work fine with DxVA accelerated decoder.