Problem With Ebay Search

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
I have some items on ebay for Playstation3. The title of the item starts out as:

Playstation3

I picked the category "Video Games > Systems", actually I have switched it around a few times trying other categories as well.

The problem is, if I type in the word, playstation3, you can't find my listing, and I'm trying to figure out how these people where able to get their listings showing up when someone just types in playstation3.

I looked at many peoples listings and they are showing up different ways:

Listed in category: Video Games > Systems
Listed in category: Everything Else > Advertising Opportunities
Listed in category: Video Games > Accessories > Sony PlayStation 3

Yet anytime you type in "playstation3" you can see these people's listings, but anytime I try any different category I still can't find mine, so how can I make my listing show up also when someone just types in the word, "playstation3"?

ALOHA

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Sorry to bump this so quick, it's just that I'm working on my listing right now and trying to get this to work, and I greatly appreciate any help I can get.

ALOHA & THANKS ;)

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Azndude51
So you already listed it and can't find your item when you search?

Yes if I go to the Ebay Home, and in the search type in, "playstation3" and leave it on, "All Categories" I don't see my listing.

ALOHA

Azndude51

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2004
Not very many people have the word, "playstation3" in their listing, most will use "playstation 3". The best thing to do when making an auction title, is list as many of the common name combinations of the item as possible. If you notice, this auction has "playstation3" "playstation 3" and "PS3" in it's title, so if anyone searches for any of those, that auction will come up. For future reference, if you're looking to buy an item, you should search "(ps3, playstation3, playstation 3)" w/out the quotes and it will give you all the auctions with any or all of those 3 variations.

EDIT: Actually, if you search (ps3, playstation3, playstation 3), it will give you fewer results because it treats playstation 3 as "playstation 3" with quotes.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Ok this I understand, BUT if I have in my title ---> Playstation3

Now I type, "Playstation3" in the search, why then can't I at least find my listing?

At this point that is all I'm trying to do is find it with the word I have in the title searching for it like this.

ALOHA

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five
If you just made the auction it can take a few hours for it to actually be searchable.

AHHHHH

Now that EXPLAINS, yes I just put it in, like 20mins ago.

Ok cool THANKS I'll check later.

ALOHA

Azndude51

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2004
Originally posted by: DasFox
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five
If you just made the auction it can take a few hours for it to actually be searchable.

AHHHHH

Now that EXPLAINS, yes I just put it in, like 20mins ago.

Ok cool THANKS I'll check later.

ALOHA

Oh yeah, I was going to mention that, but forgot during the process of typing up my last fairly lengthy response :confused:

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
I have the words Playstation3 and playstation3 in my title, you think that is enough, ok?

Or should I throw in there somewhere, PS3 ps3?

ALOHA

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
CRAP after like 10 hours I still can't get them to show up on the search, I personally think maybe I'm doing something wrong. I need some HELP please.

THANKS