Problem with Dell 25% LCD Coupon

ClockerXP

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2002
I want to buy the 2005FPW at Dell Home for $719-(25% off Dell LCD) - ($45 off $500) = $494.

However, when I try to apply the 25% coupon (which I won on Dellf) I get this message:

Coupons Entered
The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements. Click "View Details" link(s) for more information.

Dell EPP/FSS customers: 25% off any Dell Flat Panel
Expires Saturday, January 15, 2005

I haven't even gotten to the $45 coupon yet. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

ClockerXP

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2002
Forgot to mention that the 'View Details' gives no useful information...

C

coverride

Sep 30, 2004
The reason is doesn't work is because you are using a 25% off coupon from the DELL EEP/FSS department, and not from the Dell Home Dept. U need a dell Home 25% off Flat Panel coupon in order to stack it with the dell home 45 off.

ClockerXP

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2002
Why the heck would Dell give me an Employee Purchase plan coupon when I played Dellf? I'm confused...

That sucks!

C

thenotebook

Banned
Dec 8, 2004
I'm not surprised you're having trouble with coupons considering you don't know how to obey forum rules.

ClockerXP

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2002
You might want to reread the rules:

What is a good topic for a new thread?
~~~~ How Do I ~~~~ to ask how to price match, etc.
I'd say my post fits into the 'How Do I" category since I'm asking for help.

Also, this info might interest you since you need to refresh your memory:
What about COURTESY?

No thread crapping. If the subject matter of a deal does not interest you, do not post negative comments about it, or about other members, in the thread.

Think before you post.......

When are negative comments allowed?
If you know a "deal" is a scam.

If the post contains improper links, such as click-through referrals, etc. If you know a better link for the same deal, post it in the thread.

If there is any other reason to warn others about an offer or link. For example, many sites offering free magazine subscriptions have been known to continue billing credit cards long after the subscription was cancelled. Also, if you know a vendor has a bad reseller rating, you are doing your fellow members a favor by warning them.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: ClockerXP

"how do i" is not a category of acceptable topics to post, there is an actual thread called "how do i" that you are supposed to place your questions in, INSTEAD of creating new threads to create clutter in the HD forum.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
The 25% off LCDs won't stack with the 10% Dell is giving you. The best you can do is 25% off 800 + 45 off 500

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: dethman
Originally posted by: ClockerXP

"how do i" is not a category of acceptable topics to post, there is an actual thread called "how do i" that you are supposed to place your questions in, INSTEAD of creating new threads to create clutter in the HD forum.

ClockerXP

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: dafatha00
The 25% off LCDs won't stack with the 10% Dell is giving you. The best you can do is 25% off 800 + 45 off 500

So I guess I have to wait until the 10% coupon Dell puts on there automagically expires (on the 6th) so I can use the 25%. Don't see a way to remove the 10%...

Thanks for your help,
CxP