Problem with adding SATA drive to existing Raid 1 in winxp

Discussion in 'Memory and Storage' started by aghusker, Feb 7, 2009.

1. aghusker

aghusker Junior Member

Can anyone help?

I have a raid 1 using two 320 GB SATA drives, with WinXP Pro. (shows as C:/)

I just bought a new 640 GB SATA drive that I wanted to add as a separate drive (eg, d:/), not part of existing RAID.

Disk management in winxp sees the drive (after NVidia software initializes the disk), but no drive letter is assigned, and I have no option to format it (when I right click on drive it gives 'Change to Dynamic disc', 'properties', and 'help' options).

Asus P5N32-e sli plus board.

2. Loading...