Question Problem trying to transfer files from Pixel 2 XL to PC

communistM

Nov 5, 2007
Hi, I've been trying to transfer files between my Pixel 2 XL to my PC unsuccessfully. My phone is running/updated to Android version 10 and my PC is running/updated to Windows 10 (64 bit). I am connecting the phone to the PC via USB C to USB 2.0. The phone isn't showing up in "File Explorer." I also can't find any option/settings in Android that other online guides prompt me to use. In the "Device Manger" under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" there is an "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed". Trying to update the driver with the automatic option does not work either. I'm assuming this is the problem? Any have an experience/solution for this? Or, is it something else completely.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Hi, I've been trying to transfer files between my Pixel 2 XL to my PC unsuccessfully. My phone is running/updated to Android version 10 and my PC is running/updated to Windows 10 (64 bit). I am connecting the phone to the PC via USB C to USB 2.0. The phone isn't showing up in "File Explorer." I also can't find any option/settings in Android that other online guides prompt me to use. In the "Device Manger" under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" there is an "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed". Trying to update the driver with the automatic option does not work either. I'm assuming this is the problem? Any have an experience/solution for this? Or, is it something else completely.
might be a bad cable, try different computer as well if that is a option. usb2.0?