Problem burning continuous mix cd's with NERO 5...help

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
Whenever i try to burn continous mix cd's such as live dj mixes which are in continuous but segmented .wav parts it acts funky when i burn in nero. Its a very jittery transition from one track to another. You can hear it jitter slightly and it doesnt sound like just one long continuous mix. I have no problem whatsoever when doing this with adaptec (with disc at once) which removes the 2 second gap and it transitions the songs perfectly. The only reason i do-not like adaptec tho is because cd's skip when burned with it but do not with nero. any help? tried a search, and couldnt find anything.

mOrphine

Apr 30, 2000
i've had the same problems with some continuous cds burnt with nero, never found out why either :)but i remembered using earlier version of nero, prob 3.x, which never gave me any problems.

i did start a thread here asking abt this problem, tried some of the suggestions but none worked :(

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
Hrmm....this could be a problem since only nero made audio cd's do not skip in my sony cd player in the car. Also i pretty much only listen to cd's that are continuous dj mixes... :(

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't see why discs burnt with one program should skip and those burnt with another shouldn't.

I also have never had a problem with jittery track transitions with Nero. However, it does have a lot of otherwise annoying bugs.

It might be worth trying another program - there are a variety around, but the one I use most frequently is Feurio. I've never had anything but perfect discs from it.

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
Yeah its strange...but the sony cd players for cars pretty finicky about that kind of stuff. Trust me...it drove me crazy for over 2 years then i found nero. And it never really skips.... i will try feurio...thanks for the suggestion. personally i think adaptec sucks.