Pro Trump Rally has Begun in DC...

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
This is Trumps tweet that is "no longer available"

"These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!"

It’s 100% mafia-boss phrasing. Rile up the troops about the injustice to your family, then wink and shrug and adjourn the meeting.

Traitor Trump told these terrorists that he loves them, which is more than Eric will get on his birthday.

You know, to be honest, I don't interpret it that way. I don't think it's supposed to be Dr Evil telling his minions "let's all just go home and hope that US democracy meets with an unfortunate...but lethal...accident"

I really think it's more that Trump doesn't actually have it in him to be a despot or stage a coup, he just, desperately, wants to protect his fragile (paternally-damaged?) ego and have his feathers stroked and be assured he did win, really, because everyone loves him and he was the bestest President ever. It's his version of "you love me, you really love me!".

Of course his psychodrama will probably be interpreted in a very different way by his cult.

Jan 25, 2011
Melania’s chief of staff, Stephanie Grisham, just resigned over what happened today. Anyone who doesn’t will be irreparably stained for life I hope. The prominent republicans not in office are all speaking out very forcefully against Trump for today’s events. So far Liz Cheney and Jen Bush have blamed him directly.

edit. Ummmm. Autocorrect thinks the FLOTUS is a cancer apparently.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Melanomas chief of staff, Stephanie Grisham, just resigned over what happened today. Anyone who doesn’t will be irreparably stained for life I hope. The prominent republicans not in office are all speaking out very forcefully against Trump for today’s events. So far Liz Cheney is the only one in office I have seen blame him directly.
Ah, so one WH resignation rumor confirmed.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Hahaha... No wonder he wanted section 230 passed. That's not going to happen now though.
Removing Section 230 would make it worse for him, not better. No one would want to host his content because they could be held liable for it without the protections of 230

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Removing Section 230 would make it worse for him, not better. No one would want to host his content because they could be held liable for it without the protections of 230
Yup, they want to change it so they keep the protections only if they don't censor.

Reactions: Captante

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Not true. Previous law would apply, so providers who don't edit content at all would not be liable. It's the difference between a distributor & a publisher.

In the early 1990s, the Internet became more widely adopted and created means for users to engage in forums and other user-generated content. While this helped to expand the use of the Internet, it also resulted in a number of legal cases putting service providers at fault for the content generated by its users. This concern was raised by legal challenges against CompuServe and Prodigy, early service providers at this time.[13] CompuServe stated they would not attempt to regulate what users posted on their services, while Prodigy had employed a team of moderators to validate content. Both faced legal challenges related to content posted by their users. In Cubby, Inc. v. CompuServe Inc., CompuServe was found not be at fault as, by its stance as allowing all content to go unmoderated, it was a distributor and thus not liable for libelous content posted by users. However, Stratton Oakmont, Inc. v. Prodigy Services Co. found that as Prodigy had taken an editorial role with regard to customer content, it was a publisher and legally responsible for libel committed by customers

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You just know that these guys are going to sharing their selfies for the rest of there lives.
"Here's me in the Speaker's chair!"
"Why did you do that?"
"Because elections and shit, plus I was drunk off my ass."

Jan 25, 2011
GWB says it quite well.

ErFYqpsXAAEX4Xu

Reactions: Captante

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Melania’s chief of staff, Stephanie Grisham, just resigned over what happened today. Anyone who doesn’t will be irreparably stained for life I hope. The prominent republicans not in office are all speaking out very forcefully against Trump for today’s events. So far Liz Cheney and Jen Bush have blamed him directly.

edit. Ummmm. Autocorrect thinks the FLOTUS is a cancer apparently.

I usually end up with it corrected to 'malaria'. An opportunist parasitical affliction.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Listening to Schmer. Man he came out swinging at Trump. GET HIM SCHMER.
Pence and Mitch came out as well. Not as hard, but they did OK I thought.

Damn, Lankford (R) is giving a great speech as well.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Not true. Previous law would apply, so providers who don't edit content at all would not be liable.
and would go out of business immediately because advertisers don't want gore alongside cat litter.

Reactions: MrPickins

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Ah, so one WH resignation rumor confirmed.
She's just looking out for her own skin. She said something about being so proud of the many accomplishments of the Administration...so just another asshole. The only major thing this administration has accomplished was passing a giant tax windfall for the ultra rich, adding trillions to the Debt that the GOP will shortly start being worried about again.