Pro-Russians massacred in Odessa

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TROLLERCAUST

Mar 17, 2014
so did you support the 28 maidan supporters , who were killed by the then Ukrainian police which led to the coup.

As that time, the US funded protestors had taken over buildings, were fighting street battles with the Police , not dispersing and basically making like shit for regular civilians and being anarchistic.

same shit , different day , just surprised at the reaction on the forum and in the western world in general. all i heard for three fucking days was that some anarchists were sniped and killed and the US should go in guns blazing ..

Today you have the same gungho chickenhawks telling us that well those guys burned in the building is ok, coz they were protesting against the state.

It's not the same shit. In the Maidan the people were protesting against the government. They wanted the horribly corrupt government to resign. It eventually did after some lives were lost. In Odessa it was a fight between two groups that turned violent. In Eastern Ukraine it's armed separatism aided by Russia. The separatists are calling for Russia to invade. This is not the same shit as Euromaidan, not even close.

Russia is attacking Ukraine. There are Russian forces in Eastern Ukraine, Crimea is occupied. Russia has mobilised tens of thousands of troops and moved them to Ukraine's border ready to invade the rest of Ukraine. There's a massive information war against anyone opposed to Russia and aimed especially at states neighbouring Russia. Russia is aiding separatism and fuelling civil war in Ukraine. Russia is the criminal here. Nothing changes that and definitely not two violent mobs attacking each other.

No one was attacking Ukraine during Euromaidan like Russia currently is. Euromaidan was a revolution by the people. What we have in Eastern Ukraine is Russia trying to destabilise Ukraine after invasion and possibly cause a civil war. Then Putin can show his people: "See, there's your democracy causing mass unrest and people dying. I pacified Crimea and no one died. Vote Putin!" "Want democracy? Look at Ukraine. 'Fascists' came with democracy and people died. Vote Putin, the peacemaker!" Some people are stupid enough to believe this.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
According to your logic, you are telling me it is okay for people protesting against the iraq war / The war on terrahhhhh!!! to take over the US capitol.

Come back to me coz I know what would happen if that ever happened here. You would have batons shoved up protestors ass , tazed, blinded, dazed by sound etc etc and maybe even shot at..

All i am saying is the people protesting the "corrupt" govt have now traded one corrupt entity to one that is corrupt, close minded, fascist, and basically sold out.
why would a non corrupt govt place completely sold out corrupt oligarchs in places of power [governors] of each state/ province as soon as they came to power?

Are you telling me the east Ukrainians don't have the same right, cant operate using the same playbook that the maidan supporters just used successfully a few months ago. if you think that way, that means you think your shit smells better than others.

TROLLERCAUST

Mar 17, 2014
According to your logic, you are telling me it is okay for people protesting against the iraq war / The war on terrahhhhh!!! to take over the US capitol.

Come back to me coz I know what would happen if that ever happened here. You would have batons shoved up protestors ass , tazed, blinded, dazed by sound etc etc and maybe even shot at..

All i am saying is the people protesting the "corrupt" govt have now traded one corrupt entity to one that is corrupt, close minded, fascist, and basically sold out.
why would a non corrupt govt place completely sold out corrupt oligarchs in places of power [governors] of each state/ province as soon as they came to power?

Are you telling me the east Ukrainians don't have the same right, cant operate using the same playbook that the maidan supporters just used successfully a few months ago. if you think that way, that means you think your shit smells better than others.

Can't you really see the difference between what is happening now and what happened during Euromaidan? They're two totally different things.