Pro-gun control Democrat from CA: Only white males should be able to purchase ammo...

Apr 27, 2012
What a complete idiot. Don't expect the media to show this guy and the resident lefties are going to make excuses for him.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Only Republican conservative politicians can be racist or sexist.... so this must be a shop... the pixels tell me so.

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010
that thing does have a point though. Lately, it seems like only white males need ammo... since they do all the shootings...:whiste:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I didn't hear anywhere in that where he said only white males should be able to buy ammo without being investigated. I guess if you really stretched what he said, you could balance that conclusion, but that's not what he said.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I didn't hear anywhere in that where he said only white males should be able to buy ammo without being investigated. I guess if you really stretched what he said, you could balance that conclusion, but that's not what he said.

He did pretty much say that.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Nope, he said white males 50+ are the ones buying large quantities of ammo. He never mentioned minorities at all, Unless a women in her twenties is a minority to you.

He said that people who don't fit the "profile" of a bulk ammo buyer (anyone who is not a white, 50+ male) should be investigated.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Nope, he said white males 50+ are the ones buying large quantities of ammo. He never mentioned minorities at all, Unless a women in her twenties is a minority to you.

He was using women as an example because it is slightly less blatantly offensive than saying that we should profile blacks and hispanics.

Especially since everyone "knows" women don't buy weapons :p

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
It sounds like he's taking a pro profiling stance. Which is about as Republican of a position as can exist. So I don't know why Republicans seem to have a problem with this guy.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It sounds like he's taking a pro profiling stance. Which is about as Republican of a position as can exist. So I don't know why Republicans seem to have a problem with this guy.

He's a democrat, that's the problem.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
He's a democrat, that's the problem.

I do find it funny that when a Democrat takes a position that is very common amongst Republicans, all of a sudden he's a horrible person for taking said position. Whereas most liberals are going to have a serious problem with this man's position here.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
He was using women as an example because it is slightly less blatantly offensive than saying that we should profile blacks and hispanics.

Especially since everyone "knows" women don't buy weapons :p
This law does nothing because everybody knows black people steal ammo rather than pay for it.
/racism.

I didn't know there was a profile for typical bulk ammo buyers. I'm guessing a lot of them are Glenn Beck fans.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
This law does nothing because everybody knows black people steal ammo rather than pay for it.
/racism.

I didn't know there was a profile for typical bulk ammo buyers. I'm guessing a lot of them are Glenn Beck fans.

That is a scary thought. If there was ever a group that didn't need to be allowed to buy ammo in bulk it's the mentally unstable. And seeing as that's the first requirement to being a Glenn Beck fan.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
...without getting investigated by the police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rsRQdZLlqK8

You can't make this shit up D:

well, you just did. All he mentioned is that in cases that reject an established profile--based on patterns from years of collected data--they provide an interesting point for investigation.

Yes, in light of what the data shows, a ~20 year old single mother (who could be white, black or yellow. maybe purple?) buying large quantities of ammo on a weekly basis doesn't jibe with established patterns.

that's all he said.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I do find it funny that when a Democrat takes a position that is very common amongst Republicans, all of a sudden he's a horrible person for taking said position. Whereas most liberals are going to have a serious problem with this man's position here.

yep.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I'd like to hear the whole segment, before and after the snippet.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

He didn't say it. The OP is lying.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Thank you.

The nice thing about old white guys buying up ammo is that they mostly just store it in their basements, anticipating the end of civilization as they know it, which will never come.

Which is not to say that I agree with deLeon or with what really is a Repub POV. Hoarding ammo is not the mark of a truly rational mind, nor should it be viewed as such.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Thank you.

The nice thing about old white guys buying up ammo is that they mostly just store it in their basements, anticipating the end of civilization as they know it, which will never come.

Which is not to say that I agree with deLeon or with what really is a Repub POV. Hoarding ammo is not the mark of a truly rational mind, nor should it be viewed as such.

I don't think it's fair to say they are hoarding it.

A lot of people actually do shoot guns regularly, you know...because they enjoy it. That requires a steady supply of ammo.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I don't think it's fair to say they are hoarding it.

A lot of people actually do shoot guns regularly, you know...because they enjoy it. That requires a steady supply of ammo.

I understand that. OTOH, Spidey probably has a few 100K rounds, just in case...

Just sayin', ya know?