• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Pro-gun control Democrat from CA: Only white males should be able to purchase ammo...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
It sounds like he's taking a pro profiling stance. Which is about as Republican of a position as can exist. So I don't know why Republicans seem to have a problem with this guy.
I don't think they have a problem with it.

The problem is that usually liberals throw a fit about "racist" Republicans when they propose common sense things like this.

Jhhnn

No Lifer
Nov 11, 1999
I don't think they have a problem with it.

The problem is that usually liberals throw a fit about "racist" Republicans when they propose common sense things like this.
It's not common sense at all. It's bullshit.

It is illegal to discriminate on the basis of age or race in housing, lending, employment & other areas, as well. If California wants to investigate bulk ammunition purchases, it's their business. That doesn't mean that old white guys should get a pass.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
I listened and didn't at all get from what he said the title of thread.
I don't know why people are having problems comprehending this.

He clearly states that someone that does not fit the "profile" purchasing ammo is cause for a police investigation, with the "profile" being a white male.

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
Ok genius the title is complete bs.

While I think the guy is an idiot as I do most politicians, he didn't say anything like you're trying to portray.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I understand that. OTOH, Spidey probably has a few 100K rounds, just in case...

Just sayin', ya know?
oh, naturally. There are those, as well.

He clearly states that someone that does not fit the "profile" purchasing ammo is cause for a police investigation, with the "profile" being a white male.

sure, I guess he said that, if you cut out all of the words before and after "white male" and all of the statements explaining his reasoning.

Testing:
One thing I've always liked about you, Schniederguy, is that you are a funny guy and speak your mind. I also recall that you supposedly have to spend your time keeping your friends away from your mom, whom you say is hot, and I can understand what it must be like for all of your friends wanting to have sex with her.

Now, what did I actually say, here?
:colbert:

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Yes, but he said zero, nothing, nada about who should be "allowed" to purchase ammo.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Yes, but he said zero, nothing, nada about who should be "allowed" to purchase ammo.
LAWYERED!!!

:D

But seriously, he said the "profile" of a large ammo buyer is a:

- white
- male
- over 50 years old
- in Los Angeles

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS