Pro choice or pro life? With poll

Abortion

• Pro life

• Pro choice

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 9, 2009
I'm actually both. Pro-choice until the 3rd trimester, then pro-life. I don't think government should fund abortions though, so does that make me more pro-life or kinda 50-50?

Reactions: pcgeek11
Jan 25, 2011
Could use more options. Such as pro life always. Pro life with exception. Pro choice with exceptions and then pro choice always. I'm pro choice with exceptions.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
The Federal government should provide every single women with a contraception method of their choice for absolutely free.

If a woman refuses, then abortion should only be allowed with certain exceptions, such as rape, incest, medically life-threatening to the woman, unviable pregnancy, etc.

There is no "always yes" or "always no" that isn't totally irrelevant to objective, observable reality for real-life human beings.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Pro-choice. The US already doesn't allow abortions after 20 weeks and doesn't actually fund abortions (the money earmarked for Planned Parenthood goes to other purposes), so those areas where it's iffy are already ruled out.

The heartbreaking thing about the incoming administration is that it still clings to the myth that funding for PP goes to abortions, so it's about to punish legions of people who need uncontroversial care solely to make religious die-hards happy.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I shall withhold my views, what say you AT?

Depends how you want to define it. The older the child the more I oppose abortion, but out of societal necessity I will not support a blanket ban. I'd prefer they be done in the first trimester, but medical reasons are always acceptable. So my answer is a complex one that wants to minimize but not outright ban.

Am I Pro Choice or Pro Life?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Pro-abortion. I think the government needs to encourage it for many women potentially on the fence.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Both. Abortion should be legal but discouraged. Government should ensure proper neonatal care and encourage healthy motherhood while simultaneously recognizing that abortion is a basic right.

Jul 9, 2009
Depends how you want to define it. The older the child the more I oppose abortion, but out of societal necessity I will not support a blanket ban. I'd prefer they be done in the first trimester, but medical reasons are always acceptable. So my answer is a complex one that wants to minimize but not outright ban.

Am I Pro Choice or Pro Life?
You're like so many of us. It's not a simple question and it's one that's above my pay grade.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Pro-choice here. Abortion is tragic, even sinful in a lot of cases, but as far as morality goes, there are numerous exceptions based on the situation involved. The pro-life movement wants to take away any choice or moral discernment about those situations, which effectively makes the dignity of women subject to the men in their lives, whether they be family, doctors, or legislators in congress. No thanks. Besides, reducing morality to politics here is a recipe for disaster,

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I personally think people should be responsible for their own actions.

An abortion is being responsible for ones actions as unpalatable as it sounds. The alternative for many is kids living off government dime. It's not just a money issue, I support it for a number of reasons. A woman's body is her own, I don't agree that a fertilized egg is "human" at that point (although obviously as the pregnancy progresses that changes), and I agree with heavy restrictions on late term abortions.

It's a sensitive subject and I respect that, but I'm also very much for the choice to be up to the woman to make.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
An abortion is being responsible for ones actions as unpalatable as it sounds. The alternative for many is kids living off government dime. It's not just a money issue, I support it for a number of reasons. A woman's body is her own, I don't agree that a fertilized egg is "human" at that point (although obviously as the pregnancy progresses that changes), and I agree with heavy restrictions on late term abortions.

It's a sensitive subject and I respect that, but I'm also very much for the choice to be up to the woman to make.

this is the heart of the issue for me. at the end of the day, the only person who should be making the choice about an abortion is the woman. have it legal, safe, and available. that doesn't mean we're going oprah-abortions-for-every-woman-and-you-and-you-and-you. it's literally letting people choose what they believe to be best for them, without interference from anyone else.

Jan 25, 2011
this is the heart of the issue for me. at the end of the day, the only person who should be making the choice about an abortion is the woman. have it legal, safe, and available. that doesn't mean we're going oprah-abortions-for-every-woman-and-you-and-you-and-you. it's literally letting people choose what they believe to be best for them, without interference from anyone else.
Agreed. Some want to force someone to have the baby while providing nothing to those who can't afford to do so. I don't just mean cost wise, I'm talking jobs, education etc... Yes people make a choice to have sex. Contraception fails. How about they force men at the same time to stay for the child as well? Share in the costs, the burden etc...

Nope. They'd rather be pro life right up until the baby is born, then whatever, who cares if it parents can care for it. Least it's alive.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003

This.

The Federal government should provide every single women with a contraception method of their choice for absolutely free.

If a woman refuses, then abortion should only be allowed with certain exceptions, such as rape, incest, medically life-threatening to the woman, unviable pregnancy, etc.

There is no "always yes" or "always no" that isn't totally irrelevant to objective, observable reality for real-life human beings.

You act as though contraceptives are 100% effective. They're not.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

That statement was in respect to the other poster that stated the Government should provide free contraception of choice to every female. I disagreed and stated they should be responsible for their own actions.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
If I am ever rich I will spend as much as I can providing abortion and sterilization for people across the globe. 100% pro choice and pro abortion.

With climate change being the problem it is, it is incredibly irresponsible to be pro life. More people just makes the situation worse, and will result in more victims and refugees and violence when the axe falls.