Printing question....

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
Is there any way to print things without including the images/ads in Windows XP? I'm sick and tired of wasting my expensive ink printing out garbage ads along with the thing I actually wanted. :| For example, I just printed something off of Mapquest, and I have this giant "Trip Advisor" advertisement that must have burned about half a red ink cartridge. It came off of the print view screen too, so that doesn't help. :(

Anyone know?

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
You highlight what you want to print out and choose print selection in the print window. Very simple.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
I tried highlighting and "print selection" but if you highlight anything above the level of the image, it grabs the ad too :(.

Copy and paste works, but is kind of a hassle when you're printing a lot of stuff. I'm looking for a way to block the ad graphics completely.

Damn, where's the red X when you really need it!

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
In IE try unchecking TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS - ADVANCED - PRINTING -PRINT BACKGROUND COLORS AND IMAGES (although the map probably won't print also :) )

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Just copy and paste it into Word. Or see if there's a "Printable Map" option.

I never use Mapquest. I always go to www.mapsonus.com because I like their setup better and I'm pretty sure they hav a Printable Map option that gets rid of the menus and ads and such.