Price for Teeth Whitening at Dentist?

pcmodem

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Alright, I drink too much coffee and for too many years.

Anyone know how much those teeth whitening procedures cost?

Caffine,
PCM

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004

In third world countries (Africa & Asia) wood ash (potassium hydroxide) is commonly use as a teeth whitening agent.

Another home remedy is to use a mixture of sodium hydroxide & baking soda as teeth whitening tooth paste, or as tooth soaking medium.

Try the above method for an hour every day for a week & see how white your teeth get. Also, check google for more info.

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
So, you're advice to pcmodem is to move to Africa and ingest wood ash? A bit dramatic, I'd say. May I suggest WalMart brand chlorine bleach and a cotton swab. Total package will run you about $2.19 Less if you check Hot Deals.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
is chlorine bleach safe in your mouth?

how about just baking soda and hydrogen peroxide or just get crest white strips they worked for me

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004
Originally posted by: mchammer187
is chlorine bleach safe in your mouth?

how about just baking soda and hydrogen peroxide or just get crest white strips they worked for me
Yeah! that what I was thinking & somehow I typed sodium hydoxide instead of hydrogen peroxide.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
None of you realistically answered is question except for that idiot Chunkee. Honestly, it depends. If you get professional mouth molds made then it will cost you about 300-500. If you decide to use a bite and boil mold, and Dentist strength Carbamide then you are looking at less than 40 bucks. You can get Nite White Excel at Smilox.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
My dentist recommended the crest strips before I paid to have my teeth professionally whitened... and believe it or not.. but they did the job. And at a far less expense.

toant103

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: pcmodem
Alright, I drink too much coffee and for too many years.

Anyone know how much those teeth whitening procedures cost?

Caffine,
PCM

try the Crest Whitestrips premium. $30 i think

Jun 25, 2001
I'm a dentist and our office charges about $400 for whitening. TwinkleToes is right - White strips do work. Don't use whitening toothpaste and expect it to work - most are just more abrasive and if your teeth are relatively clean and don't have much extrinsic staining, you won't see much of a result

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Why use whitestrips that still cost 15-30 dollars when 18-22% Carbamide Peroxide is the same or less? :confused:

Skiguy411

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: TwinkleToes77
My dentist recommended the crest strips before I paid to have my teeth professionally whitened... and believe it or not.. but they did the job. And at a far less expense.

Exactly what my dentist said.

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
you could get those bleach kits off the Internet. they send you a clay impression kit that you bite and then send it back to them... then you receive a mold, and the bleech gels. around 75 to 90bucks for a kit i think....

China is '3rd world' like Africa?

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
Why use whitestrips that still cost 15-30 dollars when 18-22% Carbamide Peroxide is the same or less?

Because those boil-and-molds are a pain in the ass, and don't spread the gel on evenly. The strips doa fantastic job of keep the peroxide gel in place.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: DigDug
Why use whitestrips that still cost 15-30 dollars when 18-22% Carbamide Peroxide is the same or less?

Because those boil-and-molds are a pain in the ass, and don't spread the gel on evenly. The strips doa fantastic job of keep the peroxide gel in place.

I have custom made, but it does a perfect job. Maybe user error?