Previously on NYPD Blue...

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I am a little behind as I only watch re-runs. I am watching the episode AFTER Andy Sipowicz' wife died. On the "previously on NYPD Blue..." segment of the show, they showed her getting shot in the station house. What were the circumstances? Was it some random crazy guy or someone known to the cast?

Thanks

Prong

Jul 11, 2000
It's been quite awhile since i've seen it, but IIRC the guy was somehow involved in a court case she was working on at the time.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Yeah - she was shot in the courthouse. I am still kind of lost though...

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
< "Hi I'm Allen and I am an NYPD BLUE addict".
<Group< "Hi Allen!" :eek: :D

John (the Gay Receptionist), tried to intervene in the shooters plan to get the defendant in a criminal case. The shooter was the Dad(?) of the victim in the case. The Shooter was really tweeked about the possibility of procedures releasing the defendant. Hides gun in Bathroom in Courthouse.
John gets the drift and follows the guy in there. Tries to talk him out of it. The guy attacks John and leaves the bathroom headed for the hallway. Everyone spills out of the room into the hall.
The shooter is locked on tracking the defendant, John stumbles out of the B/room (details hazy here) calls out an alarm, Someone bolts for the guy as he goes to shoot. Shots ring out, several hit the defendant and one hits The Wife. She dies in Andy's arms saying"look after Theo"
A real tear jerker

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
OK - got it thanks. Now I undetstand the "moment" that Andy and John had in the subsequent episode.

Cheers!

Gujski

Aug 3, 2001
When are they going to off Metavoy? That guy annoys the heck out of me, although when he was getting it on with Donna abandando that was pretty funny! Then didnt he father two lesbians a child or something? Anyone catch the special before this years season started? some interesting info on how the creator (iirc) was a challenge to work for. IIRC that was one of the reasons Smits left was it was to hard to remember all the lines as they were changing all the time..

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Whatever happened to Lt. James Fancy? I kind of stopped watching it after Smits left the show, trying to catch back up.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: LedZeppelin
Whatever happened to Lt. James Fancy? I kind of stopped watching it after Smits left the show, trying to catch back up.
Got "promoted"... they tried a Hard Nosed Female character for the interim LT.