Pressure washing a fence.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I have never pressure washed my fence but I'm going to attempt it next week.

This is the pressure washer that I have.

I know that using it with the narrower tips can damage the fence since the pressure is high. According to the manual, I want to use the white tip that changes the angle to 40 degrees so I plan on trying it out on a panel and see how it goes.

I have only ever pressure washed my patio and siding and I never used any cleaning solution. I was wondering if those of you who have done fences before, used any kind of cleaning solution mixed in. Or any type of solution that helps protect it after the fact.

Or should I just do it with water only like the other stuff I've done?

Thanks.

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
I've done mine both with and without deck cleaning solution. I tried the first time without, but it just "wasn't clean enough" ( I think those were her exact words), so on to deck cleaning solution.
Since then I have cleaned it more often, so just water was enough.
It just depends on how dirty it is and how clean it needs to be (check with the boss on that).
I'd try just plain water first (I'm cheap ;) )

Reactions: purbeast0

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I've done mine both with and without deck cleaning solution. I tried the first time without, but it just "wasn't clean enough" ( I think those were her exact words), so on to deck cleaning solution.
Since then I have cleaned it more often, so just water was enough.
It just depends on how dirty it is and how clean it needs to be (check with the boss on that).
I'd try just plain water first (I'm cheap ;) )
I've just never used cleaning solution with my pressure washer ever so not really sure about it lol. Did you just get some random deck cleaning stuff at HD or something?

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
I've just never used cleaning solution with my pressure washer ever so not really sure about it lol. Did you just get some random deck cleaning stuff at HD or something?
Sumptin' like that :rolleyes:
Mine's an electric pressure washer that has 2 auto-feeding switchable containers for cleaning solutions. I picked up a gallon of deck cleaning solution and did the deck also.
Used it all up and don't remember the name, but since I'm cheap :eek: , it must have been one of the low cost ones suitable for PT wood.