Press Release -? Fox News Excluded Ron Paul from Debate

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
am I the only one unhappy that Kucinich has gotten a blackball from ABC?

yes.

Kucinich is a joke and brings absolutely nothing to the debates except fodder for late night hosts and pizza hut commercials.

why waste time on him when he's polling dead last in every poll when the time could be used to hear from more competitive candidates?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
But am I the only one unhappy that Kucinich has gotten a blackball from ABC?

Yes. :laugh:

The other 2 or 3 Kucinich supporters are preparing for their UFO spotting tonight. :laugh:

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I am already on record that excluding Ron Paul is a bad idea. But am I the only one unhappy that Kucinich has gotten a blackball from ABC?

I somewhat say to Ron Paul fans, that you can't be credible if you protest the exclusion of your guy and do not protest the exclusion of someone else.

I wondered where he was last night. I even asked if he had dropped out.

I think it is wrong they didn't allow him to be included. There were only 4 candidates, plenty of room for Kucinich.

Is there an official reason why he was not included? Did the NH Democrat Party do anything about it?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
ABC had a standard of either 5% in any major poll or 5% in Iowa. They made a backslap at Fox by pointing out Paul Squeaked in, but were silent on Kucinich. Kucinich is now suing. The dems tried the same censorship with Nader in 2000 and it cost them the election. And In MHO, it would have been a better debate with Kuchinich in than out.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
We'll have to see once the ratings book is out for the week.

CNN is a much better place for him anyway. Much smaller book, more tinfoil per viewer.

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481

yes.

Kucinich is a joke and brings absolutely nothing to the debates except fodder for late night hosts and pizza hut commercials.

why waste time on him when he's polling dead last in every poll when the time could be used to hear from more competitive candidates?

To say that Kucinich brings nothing to the debate is absolutely ridiculous. If you look over the transcripts he consistently gives the most thoughtful substantive answers. I don't think he'd make a good president but he adds to the discussion.

Plus he's had the best line of the campaign season so far.

Text

BradT

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: SViscusi
Originally posted by: loki8481

yes.

To say that Kucinich brings nothing to the debate is absolutely ridiculous. If you look over the transcripts he consistently gives the most thoughtful substantive answers. I don't think he'd make a good president but he adds to the discussion.

Plus he's had the best line of the campaign season so far.

Text

LMAO! How did I not hear that!?