Presidential Debate #1

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Yes he did. He was unable to call out right wing extremist and instead tried to pivot to antifa.

Hmmmmm, let's see, who has been rioting, causing millions of dollars of property damage, and killing innocent Americans over the last several months? Was that BLM and Antifa? No, no, that was the proud boys. You are right. LOL.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not completely shutting down the economy to save millions, or almost certainly tens of millions, of jobs, no appeal at all. Excellent point.
Of course that’s no appeal at all because it’s delusional.

I have never understood why people thought the closure of bars and restaurants were the reason the economy cratered. Just look at the airline industry - never closed, basically no restrictions at all. What happened? It cratered too.

The way to save the economy was to control the virus. Because Trump was too stupid and incompetent to do this he caused an economic crash. This is not complicated.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I hope all the trumpies that enabled this insanity back in 2016 are happy tonight. I hope they are happy as flies on poop. And, for the trumpies, this is exactly what they wanted to see from their leader. This is what they expected, and "Father" delivered.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Not completely shutting down the economy to save millions, or almost certainly tens of millions, of jobs, no appeal at all. Excellent point.

If you think opening up the economy when a pandemic is raging without any plans to address the pandemic, is good for anyone or businesses, I don't know what to tell you. Vote trump and hope you die quickly doesn't seem smart but you do you.

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
You know who Trump doesn't ignore? White nationalists, white supremacists. I know that makes you happy.

Makes me said for the country

Well, he doesn't ignore them when they are NOT rioting, assaulting and killing innocent people. Does that make you a little less said for your country lol?

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
I hope all the trumpies that enabled this insanity back in 2016 are happy tonight. I hope they are happy as flies on poop. And, for the trumpies, this is exactly what they wanted to see from their leader. This is what they expected, and "Father" delivered.

You sound like a sore loser, didn't watch the debates but this tells me all I need to know about who won lol....

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
For those of you who constantly defend Trump...

Tweets coming in from parents who's kids watched their first debate. Parents were appalled. Some kids ran out of the room.

How do you teach your kids this is not supposed to be normal? Now's your chance people who claim Trump's behavior doesn't matter. What do you say to kids?

My 12yo kids had to watch the debate for homework tonight and make 2 statements about each candidate. It was the only reason I watched. Outside of what they actually wrote down, they kept saying Trump is a joke, and racist. I didn't even have to say a word - was too busy refreshing this thread. I can't believe little kids have to be subjected to this lunacy that is supposed to be leading our country...

Reactions: DarthKyrie

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Hmmmmm, let's see, who has been rioting, causing millions of dollars of property damage, and killing innocent Americans over the last several months? Was that BLM and Antifa? No, no, that was the proud boys. You are right. LOL.
I thought it was the police. Hell there was even a mini police riot in Trumps former campaign manager while he was a mental episode.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

I'm sure you think you have a point but because you are ignorant of the facts, you just look like an idiot.

Btw, biden condemned the violence, he didn't need to qualify who was responsible.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well, he doesn't ignore them when they are NOT rioting, assaulting and killing innocent people. Does that make you a little less said for your country lol?
He also has no problem praising them when they are rioting, assaulting, and killing innocent people.

Look, it’s okay to admit that you fucked up by supporting this idiot. Lots of other people did too. To look at the disaster of the last four years and double down out of foolish pride though is just embarrassing.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Who has antifa killed exactly? I know of multiple cops killed or shot by right wing white nationalists and multiple protesters killed by wanna be vigilantes. You are delirious.

Also looters does not equal antifa. Many of the looters are just opportunists taking advantage of the relative chaos presented by protests.

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
If you think opening up the economy when a pandemic is raging without any plans to address the pandemic, is good for anyone or businesses, I don't know what to tell you. Vote trump and hope you die quickly doesn't seem smart but you do you.

Dude, pandemic is dying, despite the economy being opened when it was "raging". Your shit is old, played out by the dems for months now. Lets open that shit back up the day after the election, THAT is the perfect time to open it back up!!! LOL, you can't make up dumber shit that people will still believe....

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
For those of you who constantly defend Trump...

Tweets coming in from parents who's kids watched their first debate. Parents were appalled. Some kids ran out of the room.

How do you teach your kids this is not supposed to be normal? Now's your chance people who claim Trump's behavior doesn't matter. What do you say to kids?

Kids have it bad bad right now, I'm helping a 5 year old with school on Google classroom or whatever the hell it's called. To them school on a laptop in a kitchen is normal. At this rate it might be 2nd grade for her before she goes to an actual school, it's freaking sad. But maybe I'm overreacting because one of the few moments of the debate I actually watched, Trump was saying there's a good chance a vaccine will be ready by November 1st! Then he said some cockamaemy nonsense about "I'm the reason Football's back!" 200,000+ dead with no end in sight, and he's gonna brag about being the reason NFL is back on TV. Maybe I should vote for him after all!

I don't follow the news too much because of all the clusterfucks from him, too depressing. So I'm thinking it's probable he's full of caca and had little to zero to do with Football returning. Just as usual, he needs to find anything he can grasp onto to take credit for.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I'm pretty sure that Trump would have beat the shit out of him if he tried. Trump has about 80 pounds on Biden :)
Most of it in his gut. That fat, cheeseburger gobbling piece of shit is a coward and would have run away faster than you can say, "Wow, your shin splints sure improved, tub-O!"

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Your ignorance is showing again. I suggest you talk to trumps FBI as they have said right wing extremists violence is increasing and greater threat to the US.

But facts don't matter to you do they, boy.