President Obama! McCain What?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
The media might as well as refer to him as President Obama given the attention he is receiving. McCain might as well be a foot note. Too bad the Dems are counting their chickens before they hatch. After all, the voters still have a say.

Berlin prepares for the Second Coming:

Photo Gallery

Article

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Being liked again by our allies is a good thing.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Isn't it nice to see foreign citizens excited to have a U.S. leader coming to their country rather than figuring out new ways of burning his photo and scouting out locations to throw rocks from?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Originally posted by: jpeyton

anything that makes us weaker makes them stronger.
Are you talking about the Euro?

But you're right, 7 years of Bush has made us notably weaker.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton

anything that makes us weaker makes them stronger.

Real strength or fake flight suit with attachable cod piece strength?

I'll take the former.

The MSM and Obama love affair just doesn't have any traction. McCain gets way more of a pass on just about everything. Whether it's bombing Iran, killing them with cancer, inventing Yugoslavia, or calling his wife a wise and beautiful woman, it's just that trademark McCain McMaverick spirit that can't be suppressed, God bless him.

benzylic

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2006
Does people from other countries ever say why they like him? I would like to know

For all we know the only reason they like him is because they all think he is a pussy who won't stand up to a fight, and will always backdown.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Oh goody...some Bush bashing. Gee why didn't I see that coming?

My point is that Obama is much more touchy feely and more apt to be the type to go to our "allies" and beg for permission to do something rather that taking action on our own.

Now that being said I'm not 100% for always riding off like a crazed cowboy as President Bush has done, but there are times when action needs to be taken and you can't be sitting around on your hands waiting for the likes of the U.N. to make up their minds on if such an action is allowable.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
While waiting for my car to be repaired, CNN was on in the waiting area. A well educated and upstanding pair of gentlemen to my right began talking about how liberals support Obama because of "white guilt" and they have been begging for a likable black presidential candidate for years.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

My point is that Obama is much more touchy feely and more apt to be the type to go to our "allies" and beg for permission to do something rather that taking action on our own.

Now that being said I'm not 100% for always riding off like a crazed cowboy as President Bush has done, but there are times when action needs to be taken and you can't be sitting around on your hands waiting for the likes of the U.N. to make up their minds on if such an action is allowable.
Sitting in the Oval Office has ways of changing a man's demeanor.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

Touchy feely? Why don't you just call him a pussy and dispel with the euphemisms.

Going cowboy has fucked us royally, yet somehow because other world leaders see Obama as someone they can talk to - that's a bad thing.

The truth is that Bush has burned a lot of bridges with our allies and has proven to be completely tone deaf. So yes, other world leaders would like a fresh start with someone who doesn't basically ignore what they have to say and hands out ultimatums like you're either with us or the terrorists.

It may also be comforting that Obama doesn't call out to other world leaders with greetings like "Yo, Blair!".

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Obama hasn't even won and you're predicting how he's going to act? And when did having a conscience, thinking, and using logic to solve problems become a bad thing?

I don't think prejudging him would be the smart thing now.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: mxrider
Does people from other countries ever say why they like him? I would like to know

For all we know the only reason they like him is because they all think he is a pussy who won't stand up to a fight, and will always backdown.

They like him because they don't believe he'll intentionally go out of his way to start WWIII.

Seriously, you should visit other countries sometime. Or at least talk with them. They're not worried about the US being a pussy, they're terrified that the only 800 lb. gorilla in the room might finally go insane.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

You sound real insecure. Get off your mother's tits and out of your parent's basement.

RedChief

Dec 20, 2004
Originally posted by: ayabe

Touchy feely? Why don't you just call him a pussy and dispel with the euphemisms.

Going cowboy has fucked us royally, yet somehow because other world leaders see Obama as someone they can talk to - that's a bad thing.

The truth is that Bush has burned a lot of bridges with our allies and has proven to be completely tone deaf. So yes, other world leaders would like a fresh start with someone who doesn't basically ignore what they have to say and hands out ultimatums like you're either with us or the terrorists.

It may also be comforting that Obama doesn't call out to other world leaders with greetings like "Yo, Blair!".

Which allies would that be?

It seems our relations with France and Germany have gotten better in the past few years.

If you are referring to China and Russia....well they are NOT our allies.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Vic

They like him because they don't believe he'll intentionally go out of his way to start WWIII.

Seriously, you should visit other countries sometime. Or at least talk with them. They're not worried about the US being a pussy, they're terrified that the only 800 lb. gorilla in the room might finally go insane again.

Fixed a little but seriously you're right. I haven't traveled outside the US a lot but in my 4 trips back and forth to Asia (Philippines) over the past 4 years I've talked to a lot of people there and along the way. When the topic of politics and the war came up - and it always did - no one could understand how Bush was elected once let alone twice.

We get spoon fed news and stories on the war here by our media while the rest of the world reports it with a different perspective. Sure each side of the story has it's own bias but even we know the original reasons for the invasion were false. The rest of the world knows it too and the vast majority of those I talked to definitely don't see us a liberators.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
In other news, that photographer needs to cut down on the weird angles. I particularly like the crotch shot.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

I see what you are saying in that sense, but I would rather us work as a team with the UN much more than what we have been doing for a while now. Our allies are very important to us. As a team, the UN does do quite a bit of work preserving peace. It just goes unnoticed a lot because unless something bad happens people tend to ignore it.

I want the UN to like out president. I want them to want to work with us more.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

You mean like Bush "begged" the saudis to ramp up oil production? You have no point.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jonks

You mean like Bush "begged" the saudis to ramp up oil production? You have no point.

After all that literal hand holding they still said no. Georgie must've been so hurt. :laugh: