President Bush: "was indeed far more impressive and fluent than he had been given credit for,"

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
from CBSNEWS.COM

Like I have said time and time again. Don't underestimate this man. He may be 100% opposite of what you expect of a president, but he has managed to make himself president and it is dangerous to underestimate him.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I saw a bumper sticker this morning that read "This is America. Anybody can be president." I wondered if this guy was expressing his pride to be an American, or if he was anti-Bush. It could be either, I think.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
from CBSNEWS.COM

Like I have said time and time again. Don't underestimate this man. He may be 100% opposite of what you expect of a president, but he has managed to make himself president and it is dangerous to underestimate him.

Of course it is dangerous to underestimate him, if you value your freedoms do not underestimate him. Tyranny in the name of safety is no safety at all! Those that would give up an essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safey.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Those that go to sleep at night fretting we are living under tyrrany make me smile.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: 308nato
Those that go to sleep at night fretting we are living under tyrrany make me smile.

You can see the effects of the tyrranical empire every day in our immigration numbers. Why look, Johnny Depp left!

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
from CBSNEWS.COM

i remember the debates between gore and bush, people were surpised then because Gore was the "quintessential debater" and bush went toe to toe with him and not only held his own, but won all 3 debates(even according to the Communist News Network poll) when gore was expected to basically wipe the floor with him.

wacki

Oct 30, 2001
I watched all the British, US, and UN debates live on cable and I don't remember the brits having hardly any difficulties with the Americans. The only problems I saw were caused by the French, Russians, and Germans. And by the way wasn't Christopher Meyer fired, oops I ment let go, before the war in Iraq.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: DaiShan
from CBSNEWS.COM

Of course it is dangerous to underestimate him, if you value your freedoms do not underestimate him. Tyranny in the name of safety is no safety at all! Those that would give up an essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safey.

oh yes, please make it sound like our right to free speech has been impaired. in fact, you or i shouldnt be saying anything negative because the FBI, CIA, and SS are on their way now to get us!!

perhaps if youd actually read the Patriot Act, and interpret it instead of fretting over it, youd see youre being foolish. even Diane Feinstein agrees the critics are being overly zealous with their accusations on the Patriot Act.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Genesys
from CBSNEWS.COM

oh yes, please make it sound like our right to free speech has been impaired. in fact, you or i shouldnt be saying anything negative because the FBI, CIA, and SS are on their way now to get us!!

perhaps if youd actually read the Patriot Act, and interpret it instead of fretting over it, youd see youre being foolish. even Diane Feinstein agrees the critics are being overly zealous with their accusations on the Patriot Act.

OOOO diane feinstein?!

KenGr

Aug 22, 2002
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: 308nato

You can see the effects of the tyrranical empire every day in our immigration numbers. Why look, Johnny Depp left!

But you may note that he didn't give up his citzenship. In fact, almost all of these people who have been highly publicized as living outside the US due to all these "social ills" and "lack of culture" in the US actually retain their citizenship and, in fact, spend a lot of time living and working in the US (Roman Polanski excepted since he would have to do hard time if he came back).

zzzz

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2000
from CBSNEWS.COM

I think the word you want to use is "misunderestimate"

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Pers
Originally posted by: Genesys
from CBSNEWS.COM

OOOO diane feinstein?!

i only used her as an example because shes a die hard lib.

I think the word you want to use is "misunderestimate"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
from CBSNEWS.COM Like I have said time and time again. Don't underestimate this man. He may be 100% opposite of what you expect of a president, but he has managed to make himself president and it is dangerous to underestimate him.

How can you pull that piece of irrelevant commentary from an article that shows how ascenine he and his administration was in not yielding to the repetetive concerns from the british that there was not enough post-war planning done before the war was initiated?

You're picking cookie crumbs from a rat infested garbage dump imo. :disgust:

Meyer said that between the Security Council's passage of a resolution calling for new weapons inspections and the start of the war, British officials regularly told the Americans that more postwar planning was needed.

"One of the things that did not work out between us was a properly agreed strategy," Meyer told The Observer. "I suspect that a lot of things that we were saying to the Americans when we had a number of meetings towards the end of last year on post-Saddam strategy, a lot of those things have now been shown to be right."

dnuggett

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2003
It's funny to read all these posts by Bush haters. It's even better to know that he'll be around for another 4 years after the election because the best the Democrats can do is about half of an assclown.

Bitch and moan liberals !!!!! I love it. :D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dnuggett
It's funny to read all these posts by Bush haters. It's even better to know that he'll be around for another 4 years after the election because the best the Democrats can do is about half of an assclown.

Let me get this straight, you are saying a Fullblown Assclown is better than a half Assclown? Hmmm maybe;)

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: jjsole
from CBSNEWS.COM Like I have said time and time again. Don't underestimate this man. He may be 100% opposite of what you expect of a president, but he has managed to make himself president and it is dangerous to underestimate him.

How can you pull that piece of irrelevant commentary from an article that shows how ascenine he and his administration was in not yielding to the repetetive concerns from the british that there was not enough post-war planning done before the war was initiated?

You're picking cookie crumbs from a rat infested garbage dump imo. :disgust:

Meyer said that between the Security Council's passage of a resolution calling for new weapons inspections and the start of the war, British officials regularly told the Americans that more postwar planning was needed.

"One of the things that did not work out between us was a properly agreed strategy," Meyer told The Observer. "I suspect that a lot of things that we were saying to the Americans when we had a number of meetings towards the end of last year on post-Saddam strategy, a lot of those things have now been shown to be right."

and from now on, I want to be notified before any unplanned network outages!

dnuggett

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Let me get this straight, you are saying a Fullblown Assclown is better than a half Assclown? Hmmm maybe;)

LOL. This commentary is great. Hope you can keep it up another 4 years. And yes I'd say the best they Democrats can do is about half as good as a fullblown assclown.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

LOL. This commentary is great. Hope you can keep it up another 4 years. And yes I'd say the best they Democrats can do is about half as good as a fullblown assclown.
Well then Bush can rest easy:)

I hate to say this but the best thing to happen to his Presidency was 9/11. Without that I believe that his Presidency would resemble that of Jimmy Carters. Of course with the shock and disorder from 9/11 plus the attention given to Afghanistan and now Iraq his presidency is seen by many as one that took the initiative against Terrorism instead of the truth, they just reacted to it and in some cases in a Kneejerk way.

dnuggett

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2003
I agree, the country did react. The opposite of reacting would have been to sit back and watch everything unfold. I think he chose the correct option.

I hate to say this but the best thing to happen to his Presidency was 9/11

So let me get this straight .... the best thing to happen to the leader of our country was a terrorist attack unlike any other ever seen on US soil? You really need to get a clue here. Pull your head out of the sand (pun intended) and take a peek around you, just for a second.

Without that I believe that his Presidency would resemble that of Jimmy Carters. Of course with the shock and disorder from 9/11 plus the attention given to Afghanistan and now Iraq his presidency is seen by many as one that took the initiative against Terrorism instead of the truth, they just reacted to it and in some cases in a Kneejerk way.

Well then as long as we are making assumptions, I got some too. We would have never been attacked by Bin Laden's fanatic group if the last Democratic president had stepped up to the plate when Bin Laden's cronies hit the USS Cole in Yemen. We would have never been dealing with Saddam if the same idiot would have enforced what Bush Sr. had put in place in Iraq after Desert Storm.

Bush stepped up to the plate... like it or not at his direction our country sent a message to terrorist organizations. That message will continue until a Democratic president (once they find a candidate worthy of leaving the zoo) comes into office and cuts defense spending. Next time sh!t like the USS Cole goes down overseas I hope to God a republican president is in office. Otherwise we will be doomed to repeat another tragic event on our own soil.