President Bush: Iraqi Insurgents "Desperate"

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
The thing is the more desperate they get the more successful at killing American Soldiers they become.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
The thing is the more desperate they get the more successful at killing American Soldiers they become.

And apparently thier tactics become more sophisticated and coordinated as well. Strange.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: jjsole
In other words he has no answer for their increasingly deadly attacks.

But it has been proven that calling them "two bit terrorists", "criminals", and "dead enders" is 100% effective at stopping them.

Why don't we just start calling the what they are "the enemy", and figure out some way to defeat them (not easy).

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
He said those who are continuing to engage in violence ?can?t stand the thought of a free society. They hate freedom. They love terror. They love to try to create fear and chaos.?

omfg, Bush is a true propoganda machine

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: tallest1
He said those who are continuing to engage in violence ?can?t stand the thought of a free society. They hate freedom. They love terror. They love to try to create fear and chaos.?

In Soviet Russia, Propoganda OWNS YOU!!!!

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Bush is desparate to put some lipstick on this pig. I think the only one benefitting from this are the Russians, since the Wahabbi whackos that normally go fight them in Chechnya might be diverted to go fight in Iraq.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
Bush is desparate to put some lipstick on this pig. I think the only one benefitting from this are the Russians, since the Wahabbi whackos that normally go fight them in Chechnya might be diverted to go fight in Iraq
Amen!

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

and a rather simple person

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Czar

I wouldn't say that. People have been consistently underestimating him, and look he is the President after all.

Underestimating your oppostion almost never leads to victory either in Iraq or in domestic US politics.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

I wouldn't say that. People have been consistently underestimating him, and look he is the President after all.

Underestimating your oppostion almost never leads to victory either in Iraq or in domestic US politics.

anyone who thinks that those who are fighting the US in iraq love fear, chaos and terror is a simple person, there is no simple answer to the why but Bush seems to think so

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

anyone who thinks that those who are fighting the US in iraq love fear, chaos and terror is a simple person, there is no simple answer to the why but Bush seems to think so

He doesn't really even neccessarily have to think that. That sort of statement is esentially only to play to the domestic audience. It reinforces this vision of the mindless hatefull enemy, kind of like the Hun, or the Jap. We are good, they are bad kind of crap. I am sure that is not the premise out military commanders are working from. It doesn't really mean anything practically.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

He doesn't really even neccessarily have to think that. That sort of statement is esentially only to play to the domestic audience. It reinforces this vision of the mindless hatefull enemy, kind of like the Hun, or the Jap. We are good, they are bad kind of crap. I am sure that is not the premise out military commanders are working from. It doesn't really mean anything practically.
well thats true, propaganda stuff, but we realy have no other option but to make an opinion on him based on what he says, not what he thinks ;)

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Tnitsuj, "But it has been proven that calling them "two bit terrorists", "criminals", and "dead enders" is 100% effective at stopping them." How could you leave out "evil doers?"

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001

I certainly do not underestimate the President. He's clearly one of the worst . . . ever. And with our history of driftwood that's certainly an accomplishment.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
This thread started out with "The President says they're desperate." All kidding aside, true story. The last time I read that line was in the Stars and Stripes in Viet Nam. Stars and Stripes is a military paper. This would have had to have been in about 1967. General Westmoreland had 10,000 troops out looking for a three man rocket team that was rocketing Saigon. He said that the move of rocketing Saigon showed how desperate they were. You guys remember how the Viet Nam war turned out, right? This one will be the same. We'll set up a pest hole government, declare the job done and leave. Business as usual will then resume in Iraq. Just minus a few billion dollars and a few thousand people.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
I certainly do not underestimate the President. He's clearly one of the worst . . . ever. And with our history of driftwood that's certainly an accomplishment.

I know the war in Iraq is unpopular and at the moment President-bashing is the hip thing to do, but if you thing George W. Bush is one of the worst Presidents in history, you need to go back to History class. I'll grant you he's nowhere near the top, but he's far from the bottom. Those places are reserved for the likes of Nixon, Johnson, (arguably) Truman, Coolidge, and I'm sure about 7 others I can't think of ATM because it's pushing 2AM here in Ohio.

The bottom line is if you think running a deficit and making war on a soverign nation are the worst things a President can do, you must be new to American politics.

nowareman

Banned
Jun 4, 2003
Originally posted by: TerryMathews
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

I know the war in Iraq is unpopular and at the moment President-bashing is the hip thing to do, but if you thing George W. Bush is one of the worst Presidents in history, you need to go back to History class. I'll grant you he's nowhere near the top, but he's far from the bottom. Those places are reserved for the likes of Nixon, Johnson, (arguably) Truman, Coolidge, and I'm sure about 7 others I can't think of ATM because it's pushing 2AM here in Ohio.

The bottom line is if you think running a deficit and making war on a soverign nation are the worst things a President can do, you must be new to American politics.

Well I'm not new to American politics but a president who has the worst job record since the great depression, ignores intelligence prior to the worst terrorist act in our history and then lies to the American people to start a war where we are now sacrificing the blood of American troops based on his lies is the worst president in history in my book. You can feel otherwise but don't tell people who feel the way I do that we're wrong. We base our opinions on what we've seen and what we know about past administrations and Bush is far and away the winner of the title of history's worst US president. As the attacks continue and intensify in Iraq Bush's claims that this only shows the desperation of the insurgents is starting to make him sound like Baghdad Bob. Baghdad George didn't level with us about why we went to war in Iraq, what it would take to rebuild Iraq or any other of the facts about his administration's Iraq policy so why should we believe anything he or his administration says about Iraq now? We all laughed at Baghdad Bob and his ridiculous claims the US forces were being defeated but I can't find a way to laugh at Baghdad George's ridiculous claims because American lives are being lost and billions of American taxpayer's dollars are being wasted because of him.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Nixon ran an unpopular war, stole an election, and lied about both.

Johnson ran an unpopular war, lied about it, and quite possibly arranged for the assanation of John F. Kennedy.

Truman (as I understand it) killed more civilans than anyone in history.

You think Bush is business-friendly? Business and industry knew no greater ally than Coolidge.

And if you think the President has any real control over the economy, you're dumber than you sound.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
TerryMathews. Cute factiods that you list. Here's one that's even more relevant than what you listed: The number of Ph.Ds in a state is inversly proportional to the number of mules in the state.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Nixon ran an unpopular war, stole an election, and lied about both. True. But Bush stole the 2000 election, STARTED an increasingly unpopular war, and has continued to lie about both.

Johnson ran an unpopular war, lied about it, and quite possibly arranged for the assanation of John F. Kennedy.
rolleye.gif
give me a break. That whole theory is bullsh!t.

Truman (as I understand it) killed more civilans than anyone in history.
rolleye.gif
Where did you get this? I guess it's reffering to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but even so, FDR probably killed more civilians with the Strategic Bombing Campaign (ever heard of it?). We bombed city after city to the ground. Plus FDR started the Manhattan project. Get your facts straight, dude.

You think Bush is business-friendly? Business and industry knew no greater ally than Coolidge.
rolleye.gif
There was no new deal legislation to roll back, so no, Bush and Reagan probably both take the cake.

And if you think the President has any real control over the economy, you're dumber than you sound. You're right, a president does not have REAL CONTROL over the economy. He does have a GREAT INFLUENCE over the economy, though.

Dude, you obviously have a very shallow knowledge on American history. Truman???? LOL!!!!!!

AAman

Golden Member
May 29, 2001
that phrase by Dumya was one of the dumbest ever spoken- the part where he blamed

"Baathists and foreign terrorists" was just priceless.

I mean, was it supposed to be Catholic nuns?

LMFAO at the worst President in American history, or at least in the top 5. Thanks to nutcases
like him, I'm leaving the Repub party before the next election and campaigning for anyone
to replace him. ANYONE.

AAman

Golden Member
May 29, 2001
those 'desperate' terrorists just shot down the 2nd chopper in a week,

I love how the pentagon calls those 'desperate' guys 'increasingly sophisticated'

this is a CF of enormous dimensions, screw the pentagon for failing to win the war
as they declared victory and ignored reality (some of my friends, and the guy in my classes
got call up orders for Iraq, guy in my class is prob headed for the Sunni triangle).