President Bush at Aqaba: "We have a problem with Sharon"

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Hmmmmm........Arafat needed to go and so does Sharon. Time to get some people in power who are willing to work for peace, who aren't just out to settle old scores.

If only Abbas can get Palestinian terrorists to stop blowing up themselves and innocent civilians.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Hmmmmm........Arafat needed to go and so does Sharon. Time to get some people in power who are willing to work for peace, who aren't just out to settle old scores.

If only Abbas can get Palestinian terrorists to stop blowing up themselves and innocent civilians.

I never liked Sharon. He treats the Palistinians like they were babies -- "First you must be perfect and on good behavior before we do this for you" -- but he asks for the impossible. You can't expect the Palistinians to be able to completely stop all acts of terrorism while weakening them at the same time. If he expects that then he should understand that people will expect the Israelis to be able to control their own settlers and remove the settlements.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: StormRider
Originally posted by: BOBDN

I never liked Sharon. He treats the Palistinians like they were babies -- "First you must be perfect and on good behavior before we do this for you" -- but he asks for the impossible. You can't expect the Palistinians to be able to completely stop all acts of terrorism while weakening them at the same time. If he expects that then he should understand that people will expect the Israelis to be able to control their own settlers and remove the settlements.

How about long enough for them to ink a peace trety instead of saying go play hide and go f yourself? The hamas don't want peace under any condition. It would kill their business

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001

It's about time Bush noted the obvious.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

It's about time Bush noted the obvious.

its about time a US president used his authority to make that happen, just happened to be Bush, i never would have guessed it myself but it happened.

KAMAZON

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
www.alirazeghi.com
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Obsticles can be removed, you know.

I think you'll need a 'bulldozer' to remove sharon. He seems very fond of using htem to bury victims in their homes, and we'll need one to scoop the excess 300 pounds of fat in one sitting. I don't think he'll budge willingly

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Regime change here, regime change there, here a change, there a change, everywhere a regime change.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Bush finally has something right. Sharon is a war monger and doesn't want peace. If he did, he wouldn't have tried to kill the leader of Hamas because everyone with a brain would realize that the violenced would be multiplied by 10. Time to get that fat pig Sharon out of there.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: KAMAZON

I think you'll need a 'bulldozer' to remove sharon. He seems very fond of using htem to bury victims in their homes, and we'll need one to scoop the excess 300 pounds of fat in one sitting. I don't think he'll budge willingly

The man is 75 years old and weighs 300 lbs. I doubt he's going to live much longer. I'll give him 3 years before he has a massive heart attack.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
Originally posted by: KAMAZON

The man is 75 years old and weighs 300 lbs. I doubt he's going to live much longer. I'll give him 3 years before he has a massive heart attack.

can we get him and castro together somehow?

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
that whole middle east thing with Isreal and Palestine is like 2 kids fighting.

They agree but want the other nation to do it first.

I know why so they can then go parading about how better they are that the other.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Should Abbas crack down on Hamas ? YES ! In fact Abbas was on the way to getting Hamas on task up until Sharon decided to play rambo. The fact remains that if one person among the 3+ million Palestinians goes out and commits an act of terror on their own Sharon would have no problem labeling them as part of Hamas or whatever group out there. All in order to make the Palestinians look bad and continue on with the status quo. To expect Abbas to control everyone persons action within the Palestinian community is insane ! I think that Bush is heading down the right road here with Sharon just like he did with Arafat. You can't have a man who has been quoted as saying that there will never be a Palestinian state as long as he in charge of things as part of the peace process. We asked the Palestinians for a change in leadership and now it's time we do the same for the Israelis. It's time we get someone on their side who actually wants peace and has the patience for it , Sharon needs to go ! Then again I can bet you good money that if Sharon is replaced he will go on a anti-Peace campaign and will try to rally the hardliners in Israel to disrupt the peace process just like he did during Camp David.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: herkulease
that whole middle east thing with Isreal and Palestine is like 2 kids fighting.

It constantly goes back and forth. :p