President Big Mouth opens yap before getting all the facts on London bomb

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Britain's Prime Minister slaps him down for it. Does this guy do anything else besides watch TV and react on Twitter?

Hey Dump, how about shut the fuck up until the facts are in
LONDON — Britain’s prime minister rebuked President Donald Trump on Friday after he tweeted that "a loser terrorist" responsible for a subway train detonation had been "in the sights" of London’s Metropolitan Police.

Asked whether Trump knew something the British public did not, Prime Minister Theresa May said, "I never think it's helpful for anybody to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation."

May's former chief of staff, Nick Timothy, went further, describing Trump's comment as "so unhelpful from leader of our ally and intelligence partner.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...-trump-over-tweet-after-london-subway-n801671

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump will say anything to promote his anti-immigration agenda. Everybody knows that facts don't matter to him or to his ardent supporters. It's all fear & loathing all the time.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
As a narcissist Trump is just an exaggerated example of what I call ego. Ego is mask we wear to hide our feelings of worthlessness. It is, in short, a fictional entity we identify with as that which she s of supreme value. The result is that whatever the ego needs to assure us of our worthiness becomes that moment's instant truth. If the notion that Trump dreams up serves some one of his ego needs in that moment it becomes his truth and his reality. He takes no ego pride in the notion that truth would by any logical measure have to be consistent. Trump is mentally defective but he won't ever see it. No ego wants to know that ego is mental illness.

The problem that Trump presents to the rest of us egotists, is that his 'huge' ego, we feel threatens our own egotistical false self respect. When we look at him we see the self we are and we hate and deny is us.

We don't usually hate people who have colds but we do hate people who have mental illness like our own precisely because of the threat of self recognition.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The problem that Trump presents to the rest of us egotists, is that his 'huge' ego, we feel threatens our own egotistical false self respect. When we look at him we see the self we are and we hate and deny is us.

You dont think that its more that he's doing an incredibly important job that he's entirely unqualified for, out of his depth, likely to fuck up peoples lives and he's a deeply unpleasant wanker?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You dont think that its more that he's doing an incredibly important job that he's entirely unqualified for, out of his depth, likely to fuck up peoples lives and he's a deeply unpleasant wanker?
Yes and no. Those would be the rationiizations we give ourselves as logically applicable. Sick people who have power and act on it are dangerous. The rational response to real danger is action to stop it. The emotions generated by danger are on the order I suggested. Think of say, a Samurai who simple cuts down a threat without any other reaction. There is only the presence in the now and the oneness of the cut.. no anger, no rage, no remorse, no regret. The old pond. A frog jumps in. Plop.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
As a narcissist Trump is just an exaggerated example of what I call ego. Ego is mask we wear to hide our feelings of worthlessness. It is, in short, a fictional entity we identify with as that which she s of supreme value. The result is that whatever the ego needs to assure us of our worthiness becomes that moment's instant truth. If the notion that Trump dreams up serves some one of his ego needs in that moment it becomes his truth and his reality. He takes no ego pride in the notion that truth would by any logical measure have to be consistent. Trump is mentally defective but he won't ever see it. No ego wants to know that ego is mental illness.

We don't usually hate people who have colds but we do hate people who have mental illness like our own precisely because of the threat of self recognition.

Yeah, all that, or perhaps he really just is the incompetent asshole that we think he is. Hmm.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Everything points to him wanting to be the center of attention period no matter what the issue is. When Anne Coulter calls for a republican president to be impeached that kind of says something doesn't it?

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
You mean facts the metro police refuse to release, but that could have been leaked to US intel anyway? If we've learned anything from Stan Lee's Lucky Man, it's that the mayor has considerable influence over the met.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Ego really just means self. Freud used the term "ich" which just means "I" in German, and the meaning of it was implicit until much later in his life when he proposed his structural theory. Modern analytic theory doesn't work off that model, and even ego-psychology doesn't restrict itself to his more precise definition/model. So I'd say the intuitive one is probably better to use even for analysts.

I'll say that ego isn't always in the service of warding off weakness. Most of us don't have a very grandiose sense of self. Many struggle with compliments and use defenses to profess their badness. Perhaps you can relate to this? Did you think that if you stripped away grandiosity you'd be free of ego?

But the actual self identity being grandiose is only half the equation. No matter who we are, we constantly face things that don't get along with our sense of self. The other half is how we face those insults. Do we suppress them? Deny them? Use humor? Take out our aggression in a football game? Or do we severely distort reality in order to maintain our mistaken view of ourselves? Or perhaps we destroy reality altogether and become psychotic (I can't really be bad, it must be some conspiracy -- or I really love my mom and could never hurt her, why am I hearing voices that tell me to kill her)?

Jan 25, 2011
You mean facts the metro police refuse to release, but that could have been leaked to US intel anyway? If we've learned anything from Stan Lee's Lucky Man, it's that the mayor has considerable influence over the met.
Wait. Are you arguing he got all the facts leaked to him that quickly about the London incident the occurred just moments before but it took U.S. Agencies days to get him facts directly?

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Wait. Are you arguing he got all the facts leaked to him that quickly about the London incident the occurred just moments before but it took U.S. Agencies days to get him facts directly?
Nope. I simply stated he could have known. And apparently ISIS has already claimed responsibility, at least according to Der Spiegel, who also speculate that Trump may have again prematurely released confidential info.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ego really just means self. Freud used the term "ich" which just means "I" in German, and the meaning of it was implicit until much later in his life when he proposed his structural theory. Modern analytic theory doesn't work off that model, and even ego-psychology doesn't restrict itself to his more precise definition/model. So I'd say the intuitive one is probably better to use even for analysts.

I'll say that ego isn't always in the service of warding off weakness. Most of us don't have a very grandiose sense of self. Many struggle with compliments and use defenses to profess their badness. Perhaps you can relate to this? Did you think that if you stripped away grandiosity you'd be free of ego?

But the actual self identity being grandiose is only half the equation. No matter who we are, we constantly face things that don't get along with our sense of self. The other half is how we face those insults. Do we suppress them? Deny them? Use humor? Take out our aggression in a football game? Or do we severely distort reality in order to maintain our mistaken view of ourselves? Or perhaps we destroy reality altogether and become psychotic (I can't really be bad, it must be some conspiracy -- or I really love my mom and could never hurt her, why am I hearing voices that tell me to kill her)?
Maybe my problem is that I an trying to express something that is the result of what I think is a different or not normal way of looking at things, the result of a particular insight. I sometimes refer to it as the collapse of duality at a higher or third level of understanding, the realization that opposites are only opposite aspects of one single thing. Here I am trying to express the notion that grandiosity and self hate are one and the same thing, that they go hand in hand, arise spontaneously as the result of language about good and evil, emotional experiences attached to words. Self hate can't be consciously born by children. It is suppressed by a conforming, a surrender to whatever pressure or pain was applied to produce it. I call that conforming or giving in to the guardians notion of good as the ego, the sense of self that is good, the result of a need to avoid conscious unbearable pain. Without the threat or fear of being bad and having parental love withheld, there would be no need of ego. One instead would be ones real self. I don't know psychological theory or how ego is used there but that is how I use it. Grandiosity hides self hate and self hate causes grandiosity. You can't get rid of one without getting rid of the other. The true self is not split. It is being and to be is to be or the real self just isn't there. Being isn't a theory or an idea or a concept or an idem that can be grasped by thought. Thought is of the past. Being only happens in the now. It is a state, the state of being. To be collapses duality. Being is perfect because only in thought can there be good or evil. To be is to love.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Maybe my problem is that I an trying to express something that is the result of what I think is a different or not normal way of looking at things, the result of a particular insight. I sometimes refer to it as the collapse of duality at a higher or third level of understanding, the realization that opposites are only opposite aspects of one single thing. Here I am trying to express the notion that grandiosity and self hate are one and the same thing, that they go hand in hand, arise spontaneously as the result of language about good and evil, emotional experiences attached to words. Self hate can't be consciously born by children. It is suppressed by a conforming, a surrender to whatever pressure or pain was applied to produce it. I call that conforming or giving in to the guardians notion of good as the ego, the sense of self that is good, the result of a need to avoid conscious unbearable pain. Without the threat or fear of being bad and having parental love withheld, there would be no need of ego. One instead would be ones real self. I don't know psychological theory or how ego is used there but that is how I use it. Grandiosity hides self hate and self hate causes grandiosity. You can't get rid of one without getting rid of the other. The true self is not split. It is being and to be is to be or the real self just isn't there. Being isn't a theory or an idea or a concept or an idem that can be grasped by thought. Thought is of the past. Being only happens in the now. It is a state, the state of being. To be collapses duality. Being is perfect because only in thought can there be good or evil. To be is to love.

Ego is one's sense of self. Those with weak egos are generally diagnosed as psychotic because having weak ego boundaries means having a weak grasp on reality. I think you're confusing "ego" with being vain or grandiose.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yeah, all that, or perhaps he really just is the incompetent asshole that we think he is. Hmm.
The point is that while Trump is an asshole the really important thing for you or me is how we react to that fact. It is a fact. Trump is mentally ill but that doesn't mean you also have to be. Don't seek to justify the violence you feel. If you really are confident in how sick he is you don't need emotions to prove it. That is what he does. He's sick and that's it. Don't get sucked into his game. He wants you to feel outrage. It buttresses his ego and gives him ego pleasure.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ego is one's sense of self. Those with weak egos are generally diagnosed as psychotic because having weak ego boundaries means having a weak grasp on reality. I think you're confusing "ego" with being vain or grandiose.
I think what I said is that that is half of how I am using the word. Ego is the 'grandiosity caused by inferiority masked by grandiosity' thingi.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The point is that while Trump is an asshole the really important thing for you or me is how we react to that fact. It is a fact. Trump is mentally ill but that doesn't mean you also have to be. Don't seek to justify the violence you feel. If you really are confident in how sick he is you don't need emotions to prove it. That is what he does. He's sick and that's it. Don't get sucked into his game. He wants you to feel outrage. It buttresses his ego and gives him ego pleasure.

That raises problems with the notion of accountability in any democracy. We're supposed to criticize our leaders when there is good reason to. Turning the other cheek doesn't work.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
That raises problems with the notion of accountability in any democracy. We're supposed to criticize our leaders when there is good reason to. Turning the other cheek doesn't work.

Yup in democracies that is how it works, the US is not a democracy, you don't hold democratic elections at all.

It's a corporate run dual party stateship devoid of any form of democratic elections.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Nope. I simply stated he could have known. And apparently ISIS has already claimed responsibility, at least according to Der Spiegel, who also speculate that Trump may have again prematurely released confidential info.

Oh look another DSF acolyte.