President Bernie Sanders

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
I do have to say I’m looking forward to the endless hand wringing about Sanders’ praise for former dictators while everyone ignores Trump’s praise for current dictators.

I am too but it won’t make one bit of difference.
The President is play 12D chess with the dictators, we are just not smart enough to see it

• Haha
Reactions: Pipeline 1010

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

And the avalanche is on its way. Some things to consider about it in this like that I think may help in the war of fear vs reason.
The media is going psychotic at the moment. They are whipsawing between, well looks like he's the winner, so we better get over it, to back to Bernie supported Castro, and on and on. MSM sucks.
The knives will all be pointed at Bernie tonight guaranteed. Could be a good test of how he will stand up.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Folks who vote for Sanders because they believe any of the things he's promising will ever come to pass, probably believe in rainbow colored Unicorns, Big Foot and Snipe hunting. He'll never get all that free stuff passed in congress. I would consider his presidency relatively benign. BUT...if I am wrong, this would be the angle of the dangle:

Bernie claims he's gonna make the rich and the corporations pay the biggest load. Well, guess what those rich and corporations will do? Leave the USA. Once they leave the USA,
where does the money come from? Yous is where. How much tax can you bear? 50% 60% 70% 80%, before your quality of life, as you knew it, goes to shit?

Some will argue that even if Bernie doesn't win, he will have started a movement and eventually we'll get there. Yeah, I have bowel movements too. It's alarming to me, that so many people have given up on themselves, that they expect the government to support them and vote for such policies. It's ridiculous. Grow up!

Fortunately, I was taught at a young age that if I don't GO, I don't GET. I have lived my life accordingly and when the chips are down, I blame only one person...me. Being a victim and pointing fingers isn't cool. Safety nets should exist, but only for people who temporarily, or permanently have no other options. Just because someone feels entitled to not have to produce for themselves, that does not constitute everyone else having to pay for it.

The government is not an endless stream of money, especially when the load of the takers outweighs the makers. The bottom line is you can't always get what you want. Sorry.

Fear monger often?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The media is going psychotic at the moment. They are whipsawing between, well looks like he's the winner, so we better get over it, to back to Bernie supported Castro, and on and on. MSM sucks.
The knives will all be pointed at Bernie tonight guaranteed. Could be a good test of how he will stand up.

Just in case you didn’t know, msnbc has a lot of conservative pundits on its shows. Their younger pundits don’t see the big deal.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
remember when righties went nuclear for Obama bowing before some Saudi dude or some shit?
To adjust for accuracy, Obama had made a trip to Kenya for meeting members of his father's extended family -- who had a tribal identity. There was a ritual in which Obama was supposed to dress in traditional costume and "present himself".

Racist conservatives passed around a picture of it to insinuate various things about Obama -- that he was really "Kenyan", or that he kow-towed to foreign tribal cultures.

It was no less obscene than the Tea-Party placards depicting Obama as an African witch doctor.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just in case you didn’t know, msnbc has a lot of conservative pundits on its shows. Their younger pundits don’t see the big deal.
Oh, I'm quite aware of their Never Trumper bias. I've posted about it several times.
Never Trumpers still think Bush was just fine.

Reactions: SP33Demon

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
To adjust for accuracy, Obama had made a trip to Kenya for meeting members of his father's extended family -- who had a tribal identity. There was a ritual in which Obama was supposed to dress in traditional costume and "present himself".

Racist conservatives passed around a picture of it to insinuate various things about Obama -- that he was really "Kenyan", or that he kow-towed to foreign tribal cultures.

It was no less obscene than the Tea-Party placards depicting Obama as an African witch doctor.

i do believe he also bowed to the emperor of japan, which anyone in japan would of course do. so treasonous to respect another culture :roll:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I'm voting for Sanders since my vote won't matter in a blue state. Get ready to see a lot more Bernie, Anandtech!

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11