President Bernie Sanders

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Folks who vote for Sanders because they believe any of the things he's promising will ever come to pass, probably believe in rainbow colored Unicorns, Big Foot and Snipe hunting. He'll never get all that free stuff passed in congress. I would consider his presidency relatively benign. BUT...if I am wrong, this would be the angle of the dangle:

Bernie claims he's gonna make the rich and the corporations pay the biggest load. Well, guess what those rich and corporations will do? Leave the USA. Once they leave the USA,
where does the money come from? Yous is where. How much tax can you bear? 50% 60% 70% 80%, before your quality of life, as you knew it, goes to shit?

Some will argue that even if Bernie doesn't win, he will have started a movement and eventually we'll get there. Yeah, I have bowel movements too. It's alarming to me, that so many people have given up on themselves, that they expect the government to support them and vote for such policies. It's ridiculous. Grow up!

Fortunately, I was taught at a young age that if I don't GO, I don't GET. I have lived my life accordingly and when the chips are down, I blame only one person...me. Being a victim and pointing fingers isn't cool. Safety nets should exist, but only for people who temporarily, or permanently have no other options. Just because someone feels entitled to not have to produce for themselves, that does not constitute everyone else having to pay for it.

The government is not an endless stream of money, especially when the load of the takers outweighs the makers. The bottom line is you can't always get what you want. Sorry.
Says a Trump voter who bought what Trump was selling.

insert excessive hahaha here.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Bernie claims he's gonna make the rich and the corporations pay the biggest load. Well, guess what those rich and corporations will do? Leave the USA.

They ALREADY pay it, it would just shift from being paid to the insurance company to the medicare for all plan.

Reactions: brycejones and pmv

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
They ALREADY pay it, it would just shift from being paid to the insurance company to the medicare for all plan.

republicans refuse to get how economics actually work, because see: other posts regarding GOP gaslighting that turned economic policy into race-driven policy. They believe in words that simply don't exist: "free stuff"--not something that any Democrat has ever proposed. ....but conservatives believe it because their brains tell them that "this stuff" = stuff for minorities...therefore free, therefore minorities, therefore whitey gonna suffer (for no discernible reason).

You know that their brains aren't working because they never ask why the only thing the GOP ever does is literally hand free stuff over to a handful of lazy, legacy billionaires, all the fucking time. To whit: some 10 trillion dollars last year, alone.

Why do conservatives prefer that and never ask how they are going to pay for wealthy-asshole welfare? (their preferred welfare). It is always orders of magnitude more expensive, and essentially never provides anything useful to anyone. it's just wealth trapping.

I think the average GOP voter somehow believes the fairy tales that they will one day be that wealthy (never gonna happen), and will get to benefit from all those wonderful wealth y person welfare policies. The hilarious thing (and yes, it's hilarious), is that continually supporting this shit absolutely guarantees that neither they, nor any of their ancestors will ever gain access to that kind of wealth. Absolutely true. But they love it. They are the biggest feel-based snowflakes anywhere.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
republicans refuse to get how economics actually work, because see: other posts regarding GOP gaslighting that turned economic policy into race-driven policy. They believe in words that simply don't exist: "free stuff"--not something that any Democrat has ever proposed. ....but conservatives believe it because their brains tell them that "this stuff" = stuff for minorities...therefore free, therefore minorities, therefore whitey gonna suffer (for no discernible reason).

You know that their brains aren't working because they never ask why the only thing the GOP ever does is literally hand free stuff over to a handful of lazy, legacy billionaires, all the fucking time. To whit: some 10 trillion dollars last year, alone.

Why do conservatives prefer that and never ask how they are going to pay for wealthy-asshole welfare? (their preferred welfare). It is always orders of magnitude more expensive, and essentially never provides anything useful to anyone. it's just wealth trapping.

I think the average GOP voter somehow believes the fairy tales that they will one day be that wealthy (never gonna happen), and will get to benefit from all those wonderful wealth y person welfare policies. The hilarious thing (and yes, it's hilarious), is that continually supporting this shit absolutely guarantees that neither they, nor any of their ancestors will ever gain access to that kind of wealth. Absolutely true. But they love it. They are the biggest feel-based snowflakes anywhere.
All you need to do to have willing sheep to fleece is to keep them focused on the notion there is a wolf you there who wants to eat them you will protect them from.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Huge amount of delusion in your post. You actually believe all that stuff you posted. Sad. I've been living what you call a fairy tale and it works a hell of a lot better for me than the tax rates required to get to the crazy ideas the Bernie supporters want. WE must beat you guys at the ballot box. There is no reasoning. Bernie is not only gonna lose, but those who jump onboard will as well. The GOP Majority in the Senate is going to increase and the House will be lost as well. Ya all went too far; now it's time to learn the lesson.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Huge amount of delusion in your post. You actually believe all that stuff you posted. Sad. I've been living what you call a fairy tale and it works a hell of a lot better for me than the tax rates required to get to the crazy ideas the Bernie supporters want. WE must beat you guys at the ballot box. There is no reasoning. Bernie is not only gonna lose, but those who jump onboard will as well. The GOP Majority in the Senate is going to increase and the House will be lost as well. Ya all went too far; now it's time to learn the lesson.
Like you guys are quite reasonable. Ha, ha, ha ……...excessive ha ha's

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

the only thing you sweat and bleed is fear. Anyone can smell it on your breath.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Enjoy your fantasy of putting a commie in the White House while it lasts

It's about time the media starts to vet this guy. Also bring out his support for the Trotskyists and his support for the Ayatollah Khomeini, when no one else did.

I’ll remind you that the guy you support not only has allowed and continues to allow Russia to meddle in our democracy but your guy is also responsible for Iran being able to continue their nuclear weapons research if they want to.

So your post, like a lot of the righties that post on this forum, was a great example of projection.

Reactions: skyking

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You not being affected doesn't mean others weren't. Lucky for you your employer was kind enough to eat the increased costs. Either way lots of working American's got fucked. If you can't acknowledge the fact that many businesses had to drop healthcare or raise premiums significantly then you are not dealing in truths.
Its a common fallacy, trying to prove something of quantitative nature by offering qualitative tales.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I’ll remind you that the guy you support not only has allowed and continues to allow Russia to meddle in our democracy but your guy is also responsible for Iran being able to continue their nuclear weapons research if they want to.

So your post, like a lot of the righties that post on this forum, was a great example of projection.

Corporations are people, money is free speech, conceal where funds are coming from. Build the wall(between the .01% and the rest), one step at a time.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Hey.... We have to remember that we are up against DOANLD TRUMP for gads sake.
The bar is not that high.....

Maybe Bernie didn't do so much in the senate, but... Bernie always said the right thing. And always sided on the right side of the issue. Even president Obama didn't get that much done after he lost the senate and then resorted to using the executive order to get anything done. The executive order, available only to a president mind you and not to a senator. The executive order, which Donald Trump has all but reversed every single Obama executive order.
And, will continue to reverse if given a second term.

It's better to know ones mind, morals, and to have that old fashion horse sense in knowing right from wrong.
Something that Bernie Sanders does have, and that Donald Trump will never have.
It is not what Sanders has or has not done in the senate, it is what Bernie Sanders CAN and WILL DO as a president Sanders.
Given, that democrats take back the senate, naturally.
With a president Sanders and a Mitch McConnell senate, we can be assured of a lot of public protesting and marching in the streets. And I think that would be a good thing.....

I can say without reservation, democrats must give Bernie Sanders his chance, even if that meant losing the ballgame.
And it's not like ANYONE ELSE out there can or will rally the troops to beat Donald Trump. Other than Sanders, I see no possibility with the current mix of candidates to beat Donald Trump.
It is better to lose with honor than lose in disgrace. And at least Bernie Sanders brings honor to the battle.
Yet, I still think Bernie could and will pull it off.

I keep remembering the many many Sanders supporters back in 2016, including many of my own now Trumpie family, that voted for Trump only after Bernie was forced out by Hillary and the DNC. I think those Trumpies out there might come back to Sanders if given the choice. By now those Sanders supporters that went to Trump realize it was and still is Bernie Sanders as the true revolutionary, not Donald Trump.

So DNC.... you'd better get your act together and jump on that Bernie Sanders band wagon, or I might have to come down there and knock some heads together. :mad:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Hey.... We have to remember that we are up against DOANLD TRUMP for gads sake.
The bar is not that high.....

Maybe Bernie didn't do so much in the senate, but... Bernie always said the right thing. And always sided on the right side of the issue. Even president Obama didn't get that much done after he lost the senate and then resorted to using the executive order to get anything done. The executive order, available only to a president mind you and not to a senator. The executive order, which Donald Trump has all but reversed every single Obama executive order.
And, will continue to reverse if given a second term.

It's better to know ones mind, morals, and to have that old fashion horse sense in knowing right from wrong.
Something that Bernie Sanders does have, and that Donald Trump will never have.
It is not what Sanders has or has not done in the senate, it is what Bernie Sanders CAN and WILL DO as a president Sanders.
Given, that democrats take back the senate, naturally.
With a president Sanders and a Mitch McConnell senate, we can be assured of a lot of public protesting and marching in the streets. And I think that would be a good thing.....

I can say without reservation, democrats must give Bernie Sanders his chance, even if that meant losing the ballgame.
And it's not like ANYONE ELSE out there can or will rally the troops to beat Donald Trump. Other than Sanders, I see no possibility with the current mix of candidates to beat Donald Trump.
It is better to lose with honor than lose in disgrace. And at least Bernie Sanders brings honor to the battle.
Yet, I still think Bernie could and will pull it off.

I keep remembering the many many Sanders supporters back in 2016, including many of my own now Trumpie family, that voted for Trump only after Bernie was forced out by Hillary and the DNC. I think those Trumpies out there might come back to Sanders if given the choice. By now those Sanders supporters that went to Trump realize it was and still is Bernie Sanders as the true revolutionary, not Donald Trump.

So DNC.... you'd better get your act together and jump on that Bernie Sanders band wagon, or I might have to come down there and knock some heads together. :mad:
I think the message has finally gotten to the so called progressive media. Chris Matthews (MSNBC) started his show eating crow, and apologized for equating Bernie's win with the holocaust or some such nonsense. The people who really need convincing are the people in congress running for seats in swings districts.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Do you honestly think there is any way Mitch takes up any Sanders nominee for SCOTUS? Any judges for the federal courts? Mitch will find some excuse to bottle them up for 4 years until a Republican gets back in office.

I'm asking that basked on what he did to Obama.
What I don't get is your assertion that a Sanders candidacy guarantees the Senate will be weighted on the Republican side. Why can't the Democrats take the Senate in 2020?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I have my preferences for who ends up as the democratic candidate for president, and it is NOT Sanders or Bloomberg. But whom ever ends up as the democratic candidate, I will vote for them as they are 100 times less of a threat to the country than that lying MF'er currently in office.

Reactions: Indus

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Everything, EVERYTHING that Bernie Sanders does or says will be autopsied by not only Fox News but also by many Democrats.
In all fairness, just keep life in perspective.

Keeping Life In Perspective_1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Jaskalas and pmv

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Yes, Trump is much worse than Sanders or any democrat, as a POTUS. But as a candidate, Sanders isn't looking very good right now.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
There are so many ignorant cunts in this post. And yes, on both sides 😂

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The Castro stuff is bound to hurt him with older Cubans in south Florida who seem pretty unlikely to vote for him anyway. I have a couple things to consider in the coverage of this:

1) Anybody under 40 (at least) doesn't give a fuck. The Cold War is something that their history textbooks talked about for a few pages. It's an abstraction and the old hatreds didn't transfer to the younger generations or at least register as an electoral concern at this point. Basically all the pundits are older so their outsized focus on this is really missing this bigger picture.

2) The current president LOVES brutal dictators and authoritarians. He literally can't say enough good things about them. He's got and endless supply of glad handing photos with the worst murderers and oppressors on the face of the earth. Kim Jon Un, Xi, Erdogan, Putin, MBS, etc.

3) His favorably among Democrats is 60-70% depending on the pollster. Typically leading the pack though Warren is oft not far behind. Most Dem voters aren't shitting their pants. Neither are the Dems in the Senate since they calmly expect him to pivot for the general as all candidates do having known him for decades.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The Castro stuff is bound to hurt him with older Cubans in south Florida who seem pretty unlikely to vote for him anyway. I have a couple things to consider in the coverage of this:

1) Anybody under 40 (at least) doesn't give a fuck. The Cold War is something that their history textbooks talked about for a few pages. It's an abstraction and the old hatreds didn't transfer to the younger generations or at least register as an electoral concern at this point. Basically all the pundits are older so their outsized focus on this is really missing this bigger picture.

2) The current president LOVES brutal dictators and authoritarians. He literally can't say enough good things about them. He's got and endless supply of glad handing photos with the worst murderers and oppressors on the face of the earth. Kim Jon Un, Xi, Erdogan, Putin, MBS, etc.

3) His favorably among Democrats is 60-70% depending on the pollster. Typically leading the pack though Warren is oft not far behind. Most Dem voters aren't shitting their pants. Neither are the Dems in the Senate since they calmly expect him to pivot for the general as all candidates do having known him for decades.

I do have to say I’m looking forward to the endless hand wringing about Sanders’ praise for former dictators while everyone ignores Trump’s praise for current dictators.