Premiere 6 compresses vid clip with black image and sound no pictures any ideas?

TungFree

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2001
Premiere 6 compresses vid clip into black image and sound no pictures any ideas?

it worked fine at one point when I used DivX 4.12 then I upgraded to 5.01 then 5.02
and I received a hoax virus threat and deleted a file called jdbgmgr.exe I since thenreplaced it.
when I recently tried to compress a Avi file I had captured through my Firewaire card to disk and all I get is Black and no visio, with premiere but I can get viseo with Ulead Media studio 6.
I uninstalled DivX 5.02 and reinstalled 4.12 no go
I reinstalled 5.01 no go
removed 5.01 and reinstalled Divx 4.12 no go...

I have a stand alone mgg1 encoder and it encodes it ok but I get wrrors at the beginning ( possibly the file is too long for the Mpg1 cinverter.

What I wanted to do is similar to what a Mackintosh IMacDid compress a 600meg file to 12 megs or so.
the stand alone Mpg1 converter is grat but that size file is too big.

Does it make sense to delete Premiere and reinstall it or any better suggestions?
Also what is the most compressing mpg1 compressor (avi2mpg1) that can compress large files to that ratio. The closest I get in a good clean to see version is 37 megs 3 times bigger than the Mac compressd.