Premade PC?

Zeykra

Apr 15, 2018
Hey! I've been attempting to find myself a good Premade Gaming PC. I have almost no history with any type of setup. Only thing I have is my ASUS Laptop, which as been doing the job fine, but I've been wanting... more. So, I'm here in an attempt to find any recommendations for a good PC.

I have about a 1400 budget, I have no clue how to build, so I'd like to try to avoid that, as I wouldn't even know what to get nor how to get it. I'm looking for something that can run almost any game smoothly and can play on decent quality. If anyone could recommend something for me, that would be amazing!

At the current moment, I'm looking at an Alienware Aurora R7. If anyone who knows their stuff could provide some input, that would be nice. Thank you!

On a side note, I couldn't find a general area to put this, so I apologize if it's in the wrong area of the forum.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
we mostly build our own 'round these parts. we're gonna say, "are you willing to learn?". learning to build is only the first step of many, and those many will come veeery useful when you actually use your PC.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
running a game well and running a game well at X resolution are two different things. what sort of screen do you plan on using for your gaming?

1400 is plenty to get started; you could either buy a fully-built system with a warranty from a builder or buy a "bare bones" system and finish it off with your own choice of parts.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Does your budget include the price of a monitor or do you already have one. What is the resolution of the monitor you're looking at or already have.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I sort of wonder with how stupid GPU prices have been lately if prebuilts have kept up? Is it actually cost effective to buy one now?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I sort of wonder with how stupid GPU prices have been lately if prebuilts have kept up? Is it actually cost effective to buy one now?

The particular model he listed has a $280 bump going to a 1070 TI from the default 1050 TI.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
You might want to take a look at NZXT systems. They should be able to put something together for a reasonable price.

-Keith