Pregnant Pakistani woman publicly stoned to death by family

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
That is funny I don't hear much condemnation from those peaceful Muslim's when something horrendous is done in the name of their religion.

That's they way it goes with the religilous of any stripe for the most part. I personally know many, many outspoken "pro life" christians - guess how many of them had anything to say about Dr. George Tiller having his office bombed, getting shot, then ultimately being assassinated in his Kansas church while he was acting as an usher?

I also know several christians who although maintaining strict adherence to non-violence (which is commendable) act like the constitution is on fire and the world about to end when their evangelism results in them receiving a tiny fraction of the rudeness, disrespect, or outright hate their kind have been leveling at gay men and women since well, forever.

TROLLERCAUST

Mar 17, 2014
truth hurts huh???

You are a total fucking idiot aren't yah? There is no truth in your post. It's stupid nonsense and arguments pulled out of your arse with logical fallacies. It's black and white idiot thinking that has no logic behind it. You are arguing something that isn't there.

"You cannot have it both ways...either Islam is the religion of Peace or it is not!!I do like your take calling this cultural now that's a new twist to defend Islam and to gloss over the blatant lack of respect for human life...sad"

Nowhere I claim this. Nowhere I defend Islam. Nowhere can you find lack of respect for human life in my posts. There end of discussion. Now fuck off with your stupidity.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Islam will be a religion of peace, once everyone is converted. Until then, not so much, and since this won't happen....

As was previously noted, most Muslims are peaceful; just as all of Christianity cannot be defined by the extremists, e.g. pro-lifers.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You are a total fucking idiot aren't yah? There is no truth in your post. It's stupid nonsense and arguments pulled out of your arse with logical fallacies. It's black and white idiot thinking that has no logic behind it. You are arguing something that isn't there.

"You cannot have it both ways...either Islam is the religion of Peace or it is not!!I do like your take calling this cultural now that's a new twist to defend Islam and to gloss over the blatant lack of respect for human life...sad"

Nowhere I claim this. Nowhere I defend Islam. Nowhere can you find lack of respect for human life in my posts. There end of discussion. Now fuck off with your stupidity.
If that was the case the I am sorry for offending you! I may have read your post differently than you intended!! Peace!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Just as funny as you acting like your religious background isn't the source of your bigotry and hatred of Muslims.
actually since I grew up around Muslims and have lived in Muslim countries and have seen first hand I can honestly tell you that those Muslims for whatever reason who refuse to take a stand against such things as honor killings, are in effect by not taking a stand agreeing with those who are perpetrating this autrocity...

You see no one side is perfect ( Jew, Christian...Muslims...they all have baggage)-- but with that said there should be no debate that honor killings are totally wrong!!

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
actually since I grew up around Muslims and have lived in Muslim countries and have seen first hand I can honestly tell you that those Muslims for whatever reason who refuse to take a stand against such things as honor killings, are in effect by not taking a stand agreeing with those who are perpetrating this autrocity...

You see no one side is perfect ( Jew, Christian...Muslims...they all have baggage)-- but with that said there should be no debate that honor killings are totally wrong!!

I've visited, worked, and lived in Muslim countries as well and none of the people I know support honor killings. Nor do they support what extremist are doing in the name of their religion or trying to pervert the words of the Quran. So why should Muslims of other countries travel to Pakistan and put their lives in danger?

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
That's they way it goes with the religilous of any stripe for the most part. I personally know many, many outspoken "pro life" christians - guess how many of them had anything to say about Dr. George Tiller having his office bombed, getting shot, then ultimately being assassinated in his Kansas church while he was acting as an usher?

I also know several christians who although maintaining strict adherence to non-violence (which is commendable) act like the constitution is on fire and the world about to end when their evangelism results in them receiving a tiny fraction of the rudeness, disrespect, or outright hate their kind have been leveling at gay men and women since well, forever.

Actually I hear more out of every other religion condemning violence done in the name of religion that I ever hear out of practicing Muslims.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
That is funny I don't hear much condemnation from those peaceful Muslim's when something horrendous is done in the name of their religion.
Did you speak to "them" and they voiced their support for the murder?
Have you seen polls indicating their approval?
Does that "support" differ per region and who you ask?

Perhaps it's not universal support so much as they lack any sort of strong voice. The religion has no Pope from which to condemn these acts. Perhaps our ignorance of their real attitudes and feelings is not evidence of who 1.5 billion people really are.

If we gave voice and placed our support behind the correct groups, we'd see peaceful Muslims condemning these acts.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Did you speak to "them" and they voiced their support for the murder?
Have you seen polls indicating their approval?
Does that "support" differ per region and who you ask?

Perhaps it's not universal support so much as they lack any sort of strong voice. The religion has no Pope from which to condemn these acts. Perhaps our ignorance of their real attitudes and feelings is not evidence of who 1.5 billion people really are.

If we gave voice and placed our support behind the correct groups, we'd see peaceful Muslims condemning these acts.

We do hear from quasi popelike figures from within the islamic faith, but usually it's to call for the murder of novelists or cartoonists. If these Ayatollahs don't speak for islam, then these anecdotes from stupid cunts talking about knowing peaceful muslims are just as meaningless.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
why is islam and muslims so fucking violent? its like they are not happy unless they are killing each other over the post petty shit or some slight that happened 400 fucking years ago.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
why is islam and muslims so fucking violent? its like they are not happy unless they are killing each other over the post petty shit or some slight that happened 400 fucking years ago.

Religion gets really uptight about petty stuff, that coupled with living in a dirt poor shithole with crap education and a strong push for religious based laws is a recipe for a pretty horrible society.