PPLLEEAASSEE, Can I come back????

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Heya guys,

Does anyone remember me? :D

For the newer members among you:
I've been a member of TA from roughly end of 1999 until beginning of 2004. Then, due to personal circumstances, I had to leave DC behind to solve a lot of things and get my life and that of my family back on the road.

Wanted to get back into DC and ofcourse TA earlier, but time didn't permit that.

A few weeks ago, I contacted Raysun2be, with whom I had good contact in the days I was still a TA-member. I saw he was a moderator on TA-forum, so I asked him to reactivate my account. He made it so.

For the last few weeks, I've been crunching numbers in SoB for him. I'll keep helping him in SoB with the little computing power I have at my disposal.

One machine was dumping directly to SoB, but a few others have been sending in their blocks to the SBQueue I've running at home, so I could save them up as a coming back present :gift: to all of you.

Overhere you can see the result of that little dump. It is some 13T added to raysun2be's account. :laugh:

Glad to be back in the warm environment of Team Anandtech.

Oh, and apologies to Memnoch, but you've been pushed down in the team rankings a spot. ;)

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
You know we always leave the light on. ;)

Welcome back, Peter. :D

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Checking that old "candle in the window"...

Yes, still glowing there!

Welcome back Peter, glad your troubles are behind you. :D

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
thx everyone for the warm welcome back. This is why I wanted to come back. :) :D

Glad I made such an impression then, that some of you still know who I am. ;)

As you said, Smoke, TA always leave the light on. Here it comes: :light:

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Welcome back Peter, and thanks for the generous crunching gift! :)

That certainly helps the TeAm get a little closer to Free-DC :D

And I'm so glad things have gotten better, and you can hang out here again! :D

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Hey good to see ya back Peter :)
What rig(s?) are you crunching on these days?

And I see the TA solar charged LED light is still on :).......beats that old candle that Wiz has;):laugh:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Welcome back to the forums & to crunching Peter :)

Nice dump too :D
Guess i won't be catching back up to RS2B any time soon...

Allio

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2002
Woah! That is a sizeable dump! And to think Ray was in my sights for a while :p

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
It's good to be back amongst friends again. :)

@petrusbroder: You came to the team after I left, but I see you're all over the forum with some very high quality postings.

Good to have you here. Also saw you are a TA-committee member. :thumbsup: Nice idea to start a TA committee. I recall we already

tried something similar in the past, but because of all kinds of circumstances it never got lifted of the ground.

@GLeeM: I remember seeiing you on the forum the last few months I was wandering around here. :) Good to see you're still

around.

@Smoke, deerslayer, OhioDude, Wiz: Its good to see so many old avatars again. :D

@Wiz: Thx, everything is going fine now.

@Assim: At home I've running two machines, a AMD Athlon 2100+ @ 1.73GHz and an Intel HT processor @ 3Ghz. At work I've

added three very old machines (2x P4 @ 1.6GHz and a single core P4 @ 2.3 GHz). Furthermore a coworker has the SoB client on a

Pentium D(ually) @ 3 GHz, but that one is only on ~8 hours a day on working days.
I'll probably loose the three at work within two months, since I'm going to change my employer (one of the very good things, that

happened to my lately.) Don't know what the possibilities are at the new job for running some DC-client. :D

@Spacehead & Allio: Guess you have to add more riggs to your fleet if you want to catch up raysun2be. :roll: I am talking to a friend that is maybe willing to put the SoB client on his home machines. Don't think he will run it 24/7, but every little bit helps to make you guys run harder to assimilate more machines. :p

@Raysun2be: We've talked already a little bit via PM, but now we can do it in here again. As already said, thx for having my account reactivated again.

Raysun2be said to me that I could have my own account in SoB, but I don't want that because it would take me too long to get where I want to be. So, I decided to help out an old friend in getting into the top100 at first and then as high as we can get him. This is also my secret weapon to help the SoB members to shift into a higher gear in assimilating some more machines, so we can catch Free-DC even earlier. My little dump shaved of some 3-4 days of the catching days, but we can do better I know that. ;) :D

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Originally posted by: TallBill
Welcome back. Running SoB makes me happy.

Thx and Me too. :D

Originally posted by: Coquito
Welcome back.

Thx also. Just watch your back Coquito, the old guy is suddenly catching up on you very fast. :p

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: PeterN
Heya guys,

Does anyone remember me? :D

For the newer members among you:
I've been a member of TA from roughly end of 1999 until beginning of 2004.

Then, due to personal circumstances, I had to leave DC behind to solve a lot of things and get my life and that of my family back on the road.

Welcome back Peter.

Certainly understand the "personal circumstances".

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Thx to the last bunch of friends. :D

Certainly understand the "personal circumstances".
You certainly do. How are you doing, Dave?
PM me if you want, pls

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
Welcome back Peter :)

It's nice to see one of the good guys back. Have a :beer: on me :beer::D:beer:

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Originally posted by: narzy
the real question is...do you remember ME!?!?!

Welcome Back Pete :D

Ofcourse I remember you. :p How can I forget the Big Narz. ;)
BTW I saw you have an account in SoB, but haven't crunched awhile overthere. We could use your help just a little to catch the FreeDC Team. :p

Originally posted by: Crazee
Welcome back Peter :)

It's nice to see one of the good guys back. Have a :beer: on me :beer::D:beer:

Thanks, Crazee! It's good to be back in here. It feels like a warm blanket. ;)
Only the :beer: is making it wet.

PS I waited for some time before I could push this thread back up, so it took a little longer before I answered. :p
Maybe other 'old' TA-members are considering coming back and read this thread.

The last couple of weeks a few have returned into the hive. :D
We can almost organise some sort of reunion.