Powercolor HD7970x2 pictured

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Doesnt seem to be a reference design. Sports 3x8pin conenctors for a total of 525W. D:

powercolordevil13dualgpu_1_dh_fx57.jpg

powercolordevil13dualgpu_2_dh_fx57.jpg

powercolordevil13dualgpu_4_dh_fx57.jpg

powercolordevil13dualgpu_5_dh_fx57.jpg

http://www.donanimhaber.com/ekran-k...kip-Cift-GPUlu-Radeon-HD-7970-X2-Devil-13.htm

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Cool. Look at all that circuitry on the backside of the card. It really is impressive the amount of technology in these cards.

It looks like AMD is going with a brute force approach. They probably have to as the real goal of this card is to take the performance crown from nVidia.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I'd assume its overclocked beyond a stock 925....pretty sure of it. Otherwise they're insane lol

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
PowerColor is doing much better lately than they were in the past.
That might be true but excuse the bad publicity my brand new Powercolor 6870 compleatly crapped out on me it was delivered to my door and in my rig less than 3hrs when it completely shxx the bed ! Read first two Customer Reviews to get a clear picture of my pain & frustration with Powercolor product - http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=57118&vpn=AX6870 1GBD5-2DH&manufacture=PowerColor#CustomerReviews

Dark Shroud

Golden Member
Mar 26, 2010
That might be true but excuse the bad publicity my brand new Powercolor 6870 compleatly crapped out on me it was delivered to my door and in my rig less than 3hrs when it completely shxx the bed ! Read first two Customer Reviews to get a clear picture of my pain & frustration with Powercolor product - http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=57118&vpn=AX6870 1GBD5-2DH&manufacture=PowerColor#CustomerReviews

I'm going to put this out there, if you're going to order the OEM model of a card get Sapphire. PowerColor's higher end cards are decent enough and they've been around with AMD for a long time. I still rank PowerColor's basic cards higher than Diamond & Visiontek.

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
I'm going to put this out there, if you're going to order the OEM model of a card get Sapphire. PowerColor's higher end cards are decent enough and they've been around with AMD for a long time. I still rank PowerColor's basic cards higher than Diamond & Visiontek.
I think the brands Powercolor, Visiontek, & Diamond are all one and the same or at the very leased they are all in bed with each other to some degree however I have nothing to back my opinion up on this one but my oh my do they ever look exactly the same. I will never by Powercolor product again purely based on they in fact they flooded the market with defective 6870 cards without sending a mass recall or at the very leased owning up to it.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
cool. triple slot though :C

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
LOL

That thing is a tank. The red light on the back reminds me of my PSU. It has the exact same kind of light on the rear of it.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
I will never by Powercolor product again purely based on they in fact they flooded the market with defective 6870 cards without sending a mass recall or at the very leased owning up to it.

You might want to have something to reference that claim to besides you got a defective card. That's a mighty tall claim.

I believe that's a red button on the back. I seem to recall they made a 6970 that had the bios switch located on the back like that before.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Are the issues with crossfire only relevant for multimonitors or are there still issues with single displays?

I am interested because i only have a 30 inch panel but on [H] its apparently a known fact that SLI support is leaps and bounds better than Crossfire. Im just not sure about that with single monitor setups.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Actually crossfire scaling is still better than SLI. There are some titles that are popular benchmarks that crossfire doesn't work with. Batman AC and Skyrim, are two in particular. It makes it look like crossfire has major issues. You need to look at some reviews and see how it does in games you care about.

marlinman

Dec 10, 2006
I had no trouble whatsoever playing Skyrim with crossfired 5830s.

That is one very, very strange website...

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I think the brands Powercolor, Visiontek, & Diamond are all one and the same or at the very leased they are all in bed with each other to some degree however I have nothing to back my opinion up on this one but my oh my do they ever look exactly the same. I will never by Powercolor product again purely based on they in fact they flooded the market with defective 6870 cards without sending a mass recall or at the very leased owning up to it.

You would be wrong there. PowerColor and Sapphire use the same factory. So as far as manufacturing standards go, they are the same. I have owned and installed many PowerColor products, and I have not had a single failure. PowerColor has absolutely nothing to do with Diamond or Visiontek. Saying they are in bed together is kind of laughable. Diamond merged with S3 back in '99, and was later bought by Best Data (Which explains Diamonds quality issues). Visiontek mostly rebrands products as their own. Don't know much about them otherwise.

Just because you got a bad card does not mean every card the company ships is bad. They would go out of business in very short order if that was the case.