PowerA XBOne controllers (for PC usage) - yay or nay?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Here's my hot deal thread on them. Newegg's been running some $10 specials on their "Liquid Metal" and now "Liquid Metal Sidekick" controller line.
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/2-cheap-xbone-pc-win10-wired-controller-10-ship-newegg.2510404/

Has anyone else picked one of these up, and what was/is your opinion of them?

I've used the red Liquid Metal controller, for Raiden IV: Overkill on Steam on Win10 Pro 64-bit 1703 (CU).

At first, I thought that it was surprisingly accurate.

Then a few days later, I didn't think that it was so great, that my attempts to hit the "bomb" button in Raiden IV didn't work half the time.

I used to be a tournament shooter player in HS; I don't think that I'm so clumsy that I missed the button entirely.

Maybe it was a USB issue with Windows, or maybe I forgot to pause BOINC when I went to game the second time. Not really sure what happened.

Some of the reviews on Newegg are scathing, and some are alright. Some talk of buttons failing after a week.

Anyways, is there any company that makes GOOD and CHEAP controllers, for PC? I figure that these are probably as good as I'm going to get for $10, seeing as they are normally $30 MSRP.

Edit: Oh yeah, anyone use one of these for Tekken 7 PC, or maybe a real XBox controller? (Which I initially thought that these were, based on MS's (Edit: I meant to say Newegg's) product description.)

Last edited:

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
Anyways, is there any company that makes GOOD and CHEAP controllers, for PC? I figure that these are probably as good as I'm going to get for $10, seeing as they are normally $30 MSRP.

Yep, I say Logitech F310 USB gamepad. The tactile feedback on these is subpar and the ABS finish isn't great. But they are cheap and sturdy and they don't break even if you smack them with a hammer. And I see them on eBay for under $15 routinely, or $19.99 new.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
While I don't have their controller, I do have one of PowerA's charging sets for XB1 and it has worked fine the last ~2yrs or so.