Power Supply!

toto4398

Nov 23, 2006
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this forum and I'm not sure where my question would go, so I popped it in here! Lemme know if I should shift this to some other section!

"The specs here do not mention the fact that this card requires a powersupply with a 12V current rating of 20A or more. So make sure your PSU is up to the BFG requirements"

That was what one of the reviewers had to say about the BFG Tech 7600GT (OC). Now, I'm planning to get the Antec SP500, the specs of which are here. I just want to know if this power supply will be enough! I tried to go through the specs myself, but I just couldn't figure it out! I'm a dumbo I know! :eek:

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
You'd want a bit more power supply than that, I would think. Also, that's the one (the SP500) that everyone who buys one, it fails on them within a few months, on average.

toto4398

Nov 23, 2006
Hi Schadenfroh,

I'm still not able to figure out whether the 12v current rating is 20A. Thats my question really. Do the 12v rails come with a 20A rating? The specs show that only the 3.3v rail has a +20A rating. I know that this PS can support dual cards but after I read that review on newegg, I just want to make doubly sure before spending so much cash on it!

toto4398

Nov 23, 2006
Oh f***, by the time I posted the message above, I saw that there were three other messages!!! Thanks a lot guys!!! You've pretty much answered my question! And myocardia, you done more than that! You just threw a spanner in the works!! But thanks for the info!