Power Outage Traced to Dim Bulb in White House

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaiynne

Feb 23, 2003
yes i live in CA
and i am 22

and yes i know that california is an almost completly democratic state.

If you read my comment i clearly state that while bush didn't start the energy crises, he did exascerbate it. Clinton is at least as responsible for it, and more so in my opinion because he was voted into office to stop such things, everyone knew on the other hand where bush stood in relation to energy corps.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
How many market manipulations and blackouts is it going to take for Americans to realize that deregulation in energy industry does not work? The energy companies aren't interested in providing affordable and predictable energy, they are interested in making money. They will not invest in needed infrastructure unless the government forces them to, and they will manipulate the marketplace unless the government stops them. Bush's FERC stood by as Texas energy companies manipulated CA marketplace, then aknowledged that there was manipulation, but allowed the ill gotten gains and contracts stand. This president has been bought by corporate interests, and it's not until the American people say we had enough and start throwing politicians like him out of office that the political establishment will start putting the interests of the people ahead of those of their corporate donors.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Kaiynne
yes i live in CA
and i am 22

If you read my comment i clearly state that while bush didn't start the energy crises, he did exascerbate it. Clinton is at least as responsible for it, and more so in my opinion because he was voted into office to stop such things, everyone knew on the other hand where bush stood in relation to energy corps.

I must have been on vacation and missed it.

Tell me exactly and with documentation, examples and some whatever proof you can come up with where exactly you think Bush stands in relation to energy corps. Detail the electrical companies specifically but feel free to include all of the different type of energy companies. Detail how his policies differ vs. previous presidents. Detail exactly why and how his polices led to the blackout and what you think the policies should be in relation to what his stated goals are.

Thank you.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: etech
Originally posted by: Kaiynne
yes i live in CA
and i am 22

I must have been on vacation and missed it.

Tell me exactly and with documentation, examples and some whatever proof you can come up with where exactly you think Bush stands in relation to energy corps. Detail the electrical companies specifically but feel free to include all of the different type of energy companies. Detail how his policies differ vs. previous presidents. Detail exactly why and how his polices led to the blackout and what you think the policies should be in relation to what his stated goals are.

Thank you.

Hey Kaiynne, you've got homework! I want to see 2000+ words, double-spaced and spell-checked. Chop chop!

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Caddy's motto is if it's bad news about Republicans it can't be true.

That must mean he's Bizarro Moonbeam, because your motto is "if it's bad news about Democrats it can't be true", right?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: X-Man
Caddy's motto is if it's bad news about Republicans it can't be true.

That must mean he's Bizarro Moonbeam, because your motto is "if it's bad news about Democrats it can't be true", right?

Actually it'd be more accurate to say moony's motto is that "if it is political news it's all Bush's fault since Bush is a disaster."

CkG

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool
How many market manipulations and blackouts is it going to take for Americans to realize that deregulation in energy industry does not work? The energy companies aren't interested in providing affordable and predictable energy, they are interested in making money. They will not invest in needed infrastructure unless the government forces them to, and they will manipulate the marketplace unless the government stops them. Bush's FERC stood by as Texas energy companies manipulated CA marketplace, then aknowledged that there was manipulation, but allowed the ill gotten gains and contracts stand. This president has been bought by corporate interests, and it's not until the American people say we had enough and start throwing politicians like him out of office that the political establishment will start putting the interests of the people ahead of those of their corporate donors.

Perhaps some re-regulation can correct the problems now occuring or some Council with clout could be formed to overlook the situation.

I was watching some show on CNBC early this morn(3-4am pst) and 1 of the guys was saying that the British de-regulation was done much better(different rules were applied). Their grid was updated along with other improvements. Part of the problem, he said, with the US system is that certain issues were just ignored or had no one that is responsible for them. That would be like Privatizing Water/Sewage where the governement only paid for services delivered, but neither the government nor the Industry maintained/upgraded/inspected the pipes[likely weak comparison].