Question Power on/off phone showing stats with PC.

CU

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2000
I was looking to put an old phone in my PC case to display some stats. I found some programs to do the stats part. What I cannot find is how to power the phone on and off with the PC. This seems like a much cheaper option than getting a small LCD / controller to display stats.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
honestly i see now way to do this because your phone has an independent power source.
And i see now way to have something submit a shutdown command from your PC or a relay of some sort.

This is why most people will retrofit a RPi or Ardueno with a LCD for a project like this.

CU

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2000
I could see where something could shutdown the phone when it isn't charging ie. the PC turns off. But, to come back up. It would need a wake on lan triggered by the PC starting up. However, I don't know if that is possible.

I have been looking at Trigone Remote System Monitor and ModBros online. I did actually setup ModBros on my phone and PC. I like that you can create the layout on the PC and it shows up on the phone in realtime. So, it is easy to move things around and config it how you like it. But, it is earlier in development than Remote System Monitor. I have also read in two comments now for Remote System Monitor saying that if you donate to them it will unlock an advanced feature that will turn it on and off with your PC. Although seems that it would have to be the screen and not the phone. But, I haven't been able to clarify that by reading yet.