Power LED and fans turn on, but no boot or post

Unkani

Jul 6, 2009
So I have a half built computer, but it doesn't post. The power LED turns on, and so do all the fans. Currently, these things are in my computer:
Intel e5200
Antec ea-500
Biostar GF7100P-M7S
2x PNY Optima PC2-6400
Antec Sonata Designer 500 case

Also, when the ram is removed, there still aren't any beeps. Any ideas?
Edit: Tried a working video card on the pc, but still no boot. The fan turns on, but that's it.

daw123

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2008
Welcome to the forums.

Have you connected a speaker to the speaker header? Possibly the reason you can't hear any beaps is that the MB doesn't have an onboard speaker.

Double-check that everything is connected correctly (work your way through the MB manual).

Unkani

Jul 6, 2009
Thanks!
Yeah, speakers are connected. I've looked through the manual again, and everything is connected the way they should.

Ballatician

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2007
I assume you are working outside of the case? If not this might be a good idea until you get everything working.

Try powering the motherboard (make sure 20(4) connector and 12V connectors are in) with just the cpu/heatsink, 1 stick of RAM, and the video card. The 12V can be tricky but it seems you have already checked your PSU and motherboard manuals.

Try either stick of RAM in every slot one at a time (clearing CMOS if necessary by powering down and unplugging the PSU and shorting the necessary pins) and see if you can get a POST and into BIOS.

I don't know about the beeps, I don't think my mobo has an onboard speaker.