Pour one out for Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
I found another old game that I remember a bit fondly the other day, Dominant Species. It was a 3D RTS (released the same year as StarCraft 1) made by the same company that created the original Rainbow Six games (Red Storm). It was an interesting game where you would fashion your own creatures using DNA that you collected. In some ways, it's like being the Zerg and assimilating different species. :p

Heh that sounds similar to Impossible Creatures. Does anyone remember that game?

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Was CK a game which had sort of 2 parts - an adventure-shoot em up and a RTS style base builder? I remembered enjoying the 1st part and then totally flopping on the 2nd bit. I don't think I even got past the 1st stage or 2nd of the 2nd part. IIRC the game sent a bunch of hooligans to smash up your fledgling base which took me quite a few tries, and after that a boss fight which I think I never got past.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
Was CK a game which had sort of 2 parts - an adventure-shoot em up and a RTS style base builder? I remembered enjoying the 1st part and then totally flopping on the 2nd bit. I don't think I even got past the 1st stage or 2nd of the 2nd part. IIRC the game sent a bunch of hooligans to smash up your fledgling base which took me quite a few tries, and after that a boss fight which I think I never got past.

Yup that's the game.