Potential New Watch - Yea or Nay?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
http://www.skagen.com/item/331XLSLD1.fx

Still have to see it in person, but I like the looks of it from the site. My wife bought me a Fossil Skeleton Automatic, but i'm not a big fan of the colors of the one she bought. Kenneth Cole has some nice looking cheap automatics as well, but none of them stand out to me. Skagen is my default choice, I love the look of them all as I like their architect/minimalist look.

Anyway, yea or nea?

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Looks nice although I would prefer a white face rather than a brown one

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Do you like chocolate? 'Cause that's what that watch tells people about you.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: Muadib
Nay on both counts, but then I've been rockin this Atomic G-Shock since July, so who am I to talk.:p

Dunno why but I detest those.

I was the same until I was talked into getting it by my gf. We were on vacation, and I forgot to put a watch on before we left. I must of got on her nerves complaining about it, because she looked at the men watches while were at a new Costco.

She saw the G-Shock and told me to get it. I told her I didn't like it, but she told me to just get it, so she didn't have to hear about me not having a watch again. I laughed, and got someone to get it.

They only had the display one left, so the guy said he would take $20 off if I took it. I didn't care, as I thought I was going to return it anyway, so I agreed. The case to it was locked up, so we followed him to the front of the store, where another person had to get it. When he looked for it, he found the box, but everything else was missing. I told him I'd have to pass, because I would have no clue on how to set it. He said what if I knocked off another $20? I said ok.

It's been the best $40 I've spent all year. It will never need a battery, because it's solar powered, and it is always accurate. The looks have grown on me.:p

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Yay - but only if you are collecting watches in various turd colors.

Oh look, I don't have the 3 bean burrito yet!

Feb 10, 2000
I don't like the very thick lugs - I think they're inconsistent with the otherwise-delicate design - and they will doom you to a very limited selection of replacement straps.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Eh, I think either of the black ones look better than the one you picked. But I don't even wear a watch so what do I know.

Dec 8, 2008
Costco sells those skagen watches. They're very thin.

They're 'fashion' watches. I prefer at least a cheap auto (Seiko 5). Costco used to sell cheap autos but I can't remember the brand.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Deviant Grasshopper

They're 'fashion' watches. I prefer at least a cheap auto (Seiko 5). Costco used to sell cheap autos but I can't remember the brand.

Interesting... I kinda like this Seiko 5 - http://flickr.com/photos/desben/273490066/sizes/o/

I should swing by the Seiko outlet tomm, its only about 5 minutes away...

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: Deviant Grasshopper

Interesting... I kinda like this Seiko 5 - http://flickr.com/photos/desben/273490066/sizes/o/

I should swing by the Seiko outlet tomm, its only about 5 minutes away...

Seiko5's are great watches and that is a nice one. I would not be surprised to find that is an aftermarket strap.