Pot legalized!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Now we get to watch the Obama administration put the screws to them to enforce federal law.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Now we get to watch the Obama administration put the screws to them to enforce federal law.

Pretty sure this will end up being challenged and overturned in the court system. Look at all the shit Arizona went through for attempting to enforce Federal immigration laws at the state level which is polar opposite to flat out ignoring Federal drug laws at the state level.

Last edited:

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
This can't be allowed to happen! It's pure terrorism! We simply can't allow people to smoke the leaves of a natural plant! I saw Reefer Madness. This must be stopped!

Won't someone think of the children?!

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
I can go either way on it, I kind of hope they allow all small time users an early release, get those moochers off the prison system and back on the first of the month club :D

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Pot was already everywhere in Denver, it is already everywhere here.

In order to prevent a conservative president down the road from ending all of the MMJ and now recreational MJ, it HAS to be de-scheduled. When cocaine and meth (desoxyn) are schedule II, but pot is schedule I, you know we have a problem.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Good luck with that. Please keep count of the numerous violent crimes it's going to spawn the same way it did here in California. Growers shooting trespassers, armed break-ins and home invasions, violent armed robberies. Large tracts of land being used as farms with illegal water and pesticide/fertilizer used, neighbors being threatened by thug growers and an increase in auto accidents.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Good luck with that. Please keep count of the numerous violent crimes it's going to spawn the same way it did here in California. Growers shooting trespassers, armed break-ins and home invasions, violent armed robberies. Large tracts of land being used as farms with illegal water and pesticide/fertilizer used, neighbors being threatened by thug growers and an increase in auto accidents.

Uh marijuana was legalized in California? I wasn't aware. Do tell.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com

Sounds like a good way to wrangle up the misfits, and tack on harsher prison sentences :thumbsup:

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

LOL. You are out of your mind.

Alcohol causes more violent crimes than pot. And the only reason the CARTELS are growing in our national forests is because we continue to make it a black-market item for recreational use.

I wonder how many robberies are commited to fuel an oxy habit?

Licensed collective providers do not grow in national forests.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Wasn't this the same argument when states began ending prohabition?

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001

Except we've had a robust and popular MMJ industry here for years, and none of that has happened. Of course, we don't border Mexico either.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
If Oregon and Washington pass it as well, that is a pretty clear statement to the feds how America feels about the subject.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Pretty sure this will end up being challenged and overturned in the court system. Look at all the shit Arizona went through for attempting to enforce Federal immigrations laws on the state level which is polar opposite to flat out ignoring Federal drug laws.

Uhh, no. Arizona attempted to usurp federal authority, A64 does no such thing. As you unwittingly state, it's the polar opposite to AZ immigration law.

Feds can still enforce federal statutes in CO, but I doubt they will. They sure as hell haven't cracked down on the MMJ racket here enough to matter.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
If Oregon and Washington pass it as well, that is a pretty clear statement to the feds how America feels about the subject.
Just Colorado giving the Feds the finger is enough.

It's fucking Marijuana...

Nothing else.

-John

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Uhh, no. Arizona attempted to usurp federal authority, A64 does no such thing. As you unwittingly state, it's the polar opposite to AZ immigration law.

Feds can still enforce federal statutes in CO, but I doubt they will. They sure as hell haven't cracked down on the MMJ racket here enough to matter.

That's you're partisan interpretation on the matter. They will crack down on the measure through the court system and by withholding funding on federal grant money which hinges on states cooperating on the "War on Drugs".

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
LOL. You are out of your mind.

Alcohol causes more violent crimes than pot. And the only reason the CARTELS are growing in our national forests is because we continue to make it a black-market item for recreational use.

I wonder how many robberies are commited to fuel an oxy habit?

Licensed collective providers do not grow in national forests.

I live in a rural area, it was and still is a huge problem in our county. A mature and well manicured plant is worth thousands on the open market. I have no problems with people using it, I voted for it in California, but it has a cost, especially when it's still illegal federally.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
That's you're partisan interpretation on the matter. They will crack down on the measure through the court system and by withholding funding on federal grant money which hinges on states cooperating on the "War on Drugs".

Let me know when that happens.

Gallup shows 50%+ of Americans nationally supporting relaxed MJ laws. What politician is going to commit political suicide and come out for going after the states?

This country is moving away from the drug-war, discrimination against gays, and Xtian fundamentalism. I don't know why you think any of that has to be a partisan issue.

Last edited: