posts pics of your rig!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: wviperw
Originally posted by: cashman
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

I vinyl died all of my drives to silver to match my Coolermaster case. All of the sleeving is done by me. I used to do that for a living........heh, what a fun job. :p

Wow, thats a sweet-action case/color theme you've got there. You have a linky for it? :)

I used to work for Performance PC's. Some of you old guys may know him, Rainguy. He's the one that started that up and my best friend and I helped him. I just recently moved for college so I had to leave. But I used to sleeve/paint/mod everything on that site. It's tedious and hardwork yet it's like creating a masterpiece. Sleeving makes everything look so much better. :)

Chelsey

Dec 18, 2003
Up close and personal

The rig

It contains:
Asus A7N8X-X
Athlon XP 1700+ TBred A
Crucial 2x256mb PC2100 @ 2-3-3-5
PNY GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64mb AGP 8x
Maxtor 40gb ATA133 7200rpm hd
Lite On 52x24x52x CD-RW
nForce 2 5.1 Channel Sound
nVidia 10/100 NIC
v.92 56k PCI modem
Enermax 350W dual fan PSU
Chenming silver, aluminum server tower w/side panel window
12" blue cold cathode
Four clear, 80mm case fans w/auto rpm sensing
Logitech Elite keyboard
MS Blue USB mouse w/modded blue LED

Gerbil333 built this for me. Isn't he great:D

Gerbil333

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Click the link in my sig for pictures. I need to update them though. I've changed lots of stuff since then. I now have a black 19" Viewsonic G90fb monitor, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb, and possibly a new keyboard and mouse...I dont remember when I took those pics.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Sifl
Rig.

Oh wow! What is that screen you've got there? Its MASSIVE. Don't you have to sit like halfway across the room to use it?
Plasma as a second monitor, good for games and movies. You don't have to sit far away but it helps. :D

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Sifl
Rig.

Oh wow! What is that screen you've got there? Its MASSIVE. Don't you have to sit like halfway across the room to use it?

True dat! How much did that set ya back? That is NICE.

Here's the pics of my rig...

Rig Pics

Can also see my linux box (the HP over my monitor) in the workspace view.

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
Here's my work rig, with a custom Lian-Li PC-86 case (cable-routing mods, dual 80mm rear exhaust, sleeving), dual 15000rpm SCSI drives, concealed optical drives, Lian-Li card reader, and a custom SCSI-activity LED panel on the front: Turbo II

...and with the side open, although this shot was before Docta' mech did the cable bypass surgery... :Q

...and here are Mr. and Mrs. Cheetah: mmmm, nice sleeving :cool:

My home system is named TRASH, and no pics of that one, sorry. :p