posting from cellphone + laptop + bluetooth + nationwide roaming = good

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
airplane + road trip from CA to PA to SC, and posting online using ISP from CA calling from SC = :D

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: AkumaX
using nokia 3650, works excellent!

[envy]

<--- Jealous

[/envy]

If I didn't re-new my T-Mobile contract last month, I could have stopped my cell phone service and become a NEW CUSTOMER therefore qualifying me for a FREE Nokia 3650 after MIR.

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
what speed?

too slow :( bluetooth says i get connected at 115kbps, but in reality, data moves at around 5kb/s... that's already 11x slower than 56k!!!! needless to say, i disabled all scripting and images on it, and can barely post and go on AIM at the same time... but at least it works!

and FREE AR is good! $100 - $100 rebate is what i got (no tax)

i think t-mobile gives you 1mb a month, but that's through their t-zone stuff, but i use the phone to call my school ISP anyway

and for those who think the phone is too big, it grows on you... comes w/ a 16mb SD card, can upgrade it to i bet 256mb, stick some family guy episodes on it (resized) and you're set!

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: AkumaX
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
what speed?

too slow :( bluetooth says i get connected at 115kbps, but in reality, data moves at around 5kb/s... that's already 11x slower than 56k!!!! needless to say, i disabled all scripting and images on it, and can barely post and go on AIM at the same time... but at least it works!

and FREE AR is good! $100 - $100 rebate is what i got (no tax)

i think t-mobile gives you 1mb a month, but that's through their t-zone stuff, but i use the phone to call my school ISP anyway

and for those who think the phone is too big, it grows on you... comes w/ a 16mb SD card, can upgrade it to i bet 256mb, stick some family guy episodes on it (resized) and you're set!

Wait, 5kb/s is about the same speed as a 56k connection. I'll stick with Sprint and 1xRTT, 144k connection, average of about 8kb/s transferspeeds.