Postal worker admits fabricating allegations of ballot tampering, officials say

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
"Richard Hopkins’s claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. Attorney General William P. Barr subsequently authorized federal prosecutors to open probes into credible allegations of voting irregularities and fraud, a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy.

But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation.

[...]

The Erie postmaster, Rob Weisenbach, called the allegations “100% false” in a Facebook post and said they were made “by an employee that was recently disciplined multiple times.”

“The Erie Post Office did not back date any ballots,” Weisenbach wrote."

^^^ This entire exercise in denying Biden's victory is pathetic and beggars the imagination. The only thing more pathetic is the millions of living, breathing, presumably sentient Americans who continue to believe TrumpCo's lies.

Reactions: skyking

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
They need just a hint of impropriety to claim the election was mass fraud, to make this drivel a reality?

Sent to me by a Trump supporter.

"From Pam Bondi ( Former Fla State Attorney 2013-2019 )
Ok in a nutshell. This is going to the Supreme Court. Where they will rule that the election is invalid due to fraud or mistakes on a country wide scale. It will go one of two ways, either they will rule that all the unconstitutional mail in ballots will be removed and the states ordered to recount without them or they will simply rule the election is invalid due to mass voter fraud and at that point it will be sent to the congress and senate for a vote. This is where it gets good. The house/congress votes on who the President will be. It has nothing to do with what party that has power. Every State gets one vote and 30 States are held by Republicans and 19 by Democrats. They have to vote down party lines, they have no choice due to the 12th Amendment of the Constitution and the Senate votes for the Vice President where a similar event will take place. This is The law. This is why the Democrats are so mad at Nancy Pelosi. This will all happen in January. The only way President Trump won’t be President is if he concedes the election and that will never happen So stop watching the fake news and don’t let your heart be troubled and live your life knowing this will all work out. President Trump will remain President I have researched all of this and it is Fact! Another fun fact, they call Gore the President Elect for 30 days in 2000 until the courts ruled against him and declared Bush the winner. And two people that were part of that decision was none other than new Supreme Court Justices, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. Why do you think the Democrats tried so hard to keep them from being confirmed? We got this! Have the faith and continue praying for our President! "

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NTMBK

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Hey! They finally found fraud!

There goes the narrative for Hannity's show tonight - up in smoke.

I suspect that this Dummy didn't think through the consequences of Perjury.. Who paid this guy to make these claims? Where did Rudy the Fixer stash the cash? Follow the money...

Trump should take this all the way to the Supreme Courtyard Marriott!

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

I suspect that this Dummy didn't think through the consequences of Perjury.. Who paid this guy to make these claims? Where did Rudy the Fixer stash the cash? Follow the money...

trump and team didn't need the dummy to lie once authorities contacted him. They just needed him to play along long enough to muddy the waters. The cult has a never ending appetite for this crap.

Reactions: jman19

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
They need just a hint of impropriety to claim the election was mass fraud, to make this drivel a reality?

Sent to me by a Trump supporter.

"From Pam Bondi ( Former Fla State Attorney 2013-2019 )
Ok in a nutshell. This is going to the Supreme Court. Where they will rule that the election is invalid due to fraud or mistakes on a country wide scale. It will go one of two ways, either they will rule that all the unconstitutional mail in ballots will be removed and the states ordered to recount without them or they will simply rule the election is invalid due to mass voter fraud and at that point it will be sent to the congress and senate for a vote. This is where it gets good. The house/congress votes on who the President will be. It has nothing to do with what party that has power. Every State gets one vote and 30 States are held by Republicans and 19 by Democrats. They have to vote down party lines, they have no choice due to the 12th Amendment of the Constitution and the Senate votes for the Vice President where a similar event will take place. This is The law. This is why the Democrats are so mad at Nancy Pelosi. This will all happen in January. The only way President Trump won’t be President is if he concedes the election and that will never happen So stop watching the fake news and don’t let your heart be troubled and live your life knowing this will all work out. President Trump will remain President I have researched all of this and it is Fact! Another fun fact, they call Gore the President Elect for 30 days in 2000 until the courts ruled against him and declared Bush the winner. And two people that were part of that decision was none other than new Supreme Court Justices, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. Why do you think the Democrats tried so hard to keep them from being confirmed? We got this! Have the faith and continue praying for our President! "
That screed is simultaneously scary and fascinating.

I prefer my planet, thank you very much. :eek:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Well, Project Veritass did offer $25K for credible claims of ballot fraud lol. This guy was literally paid to commit a felony and he’s the only one on the hook. Just another reliable, expendable moron for the GOP to chew up and spit out.

Reactions: hal2kilo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Well, Project Veritass did offer $25K for credible claims of ballot fraud lol. This guy was literally paid to commit a felony and he’s the only one on the hook. Just another reliable, expendable moron for the GOP to chew up and spit out.

Wonder if Miss Lindsey wants his $500K back?...

I lied for Rudy and all I got was this lousy 75$ Four Seasons Landscaping coupon. Look for Rudy to have a big press conference tomorrow, at the Waldorf Astoria Taxidermy Shop next to the Pig N Whistle and Sexy Honeypot Beaver Emporium.

This guy is screwed if he had signed a sworn affidavit and now recanted his statement. He probably found out after signing the Affidavit that making false statements on an affidavit counts as lying under oath. He should now be charged with a crime(s), Lets see who else he implicates

How is this O'Keefe still a free man?

Jan 25, 2011
He’s getting far more than that with the traditional republican gofundme grift.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I'm not sure why Liberals are so against the DOJ investigating. Since elections really can't be tampered with, the end result of the DOJ investigation will be no fraud and therefore be another way to prove the elections are valid. If there is nothing to hid, why be against the investigation?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'm not sure why Liberals are so against the DOJ investigating. Since elections really can't be tampered with, the end result of the DOJ investigation will be no fraud and therefore be another way to prove the elections are valid. If there is nothing to hid, why be against the investigation?
It is being investigated right now. Why are you so fucking dogshit at reading words?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Heh. Barr is only saying it to feed the right wing conspiracy theory mill. There's literally nothing to investigate.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Because it's not done in good faith. All of Trump's legal challenges have literally been laughed out of the courts. No evidence has been presented that shows measurable fraud much less sufficient fraud to flip the election. This is the equivalent of saying flat earthers deserve an investigation in the face of all other evidence - no they don't - not without real evidence.

True patriots who love America would rise up against the destruction of this bedrock of America - the peaceful and daresay, graceful transition of power. America is under attack, our enemies rejoice, and all for the vanity of a single, deeply flawed person.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
If he signed an affidavit recanting his original statement, he has zero credibility for purposes of any legal process. He's a non-entity.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So this is what the next 70 days are going to look like? Loser Trump and his loser supporters playing the delay and deny game in order to what, "get revenge"? on America for betraying the best racist self-indulging POTUS we've ever had? So what follows? A war of attrition until Jan. 20 and then guerilla warfare for the next four attempting to make Biden's tenure look a hundred times worse than Trump's in order for Trump to get his job back again?

Who'da thunk democracy would look anything like what Trump and his minions are now making a mockery of.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Because if investigations were performed every time an idiot made a baseless claim, law enforcement agencies would be up to their ears in investigations of UFOs, witchcraft etc.

But while you're so interested in openness, it's time you to start lobbying for the full release of the Mueller report. After all, there's nothing to hide is there?