Post your WOW armory.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Damn it, I wish I could do stuff like this in Guild Wars. :) I'd love to be able to view my chars online. Oh well.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
Damn it, I wish I could do stuff like this in Guild Wars. :) I'd love to be able to view my chars online. Oh well.

Blizzard's actually got some good things going on heh.

I'll only include the higher level characters in this:

Darro - 70 Rogue:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.....xml?r=Alleria&n=Darro

I kind of gave up on gearing my rogue after way too many PVE runs. I'm also a bit disappointed with Leatherworking after leveling my priest and seeing how decent tailoring is at the high levels. It seems Blizzard chose to give Leatherworking good/decent middle-range blue sets and to give Tailoring excellent epic sets.

Darron - 70 Priest:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft....xml?r=Alleria&n=Darron

My original PVP machina, the legendary Darron the Fear Bomber! Known throughout all of Lightning's Blade for his fearless fear tactics in Arathi Basin! He has since turned a new leaf and ventured over to the holy side as he partners with the other half of the dynamic duo. I'm working on getting the entire primal mooncloth set for my priest at the moment, but it will take a bit of time overall. I also need to get some better gems in my primal mooncloth belt as I was quite poor when I hit 70 and those gems were quite affordable :p. Now after some mass questing, I have well over 1000g.

Tieras - 70 Warrior:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft....xml?r=Alleria&n=Tieras

Tieras, originally named Darros when on Lightning's Blade, never really saw much play time. I absolutely hated leveling the character as he was my 3rd 60 after Darro (Rogue) and Darron (Priest). Playing those two relatively easy-to-level classes with their great advantages made my warrior seem like dung^2. Fortunately now with him helping my priest, he's a force to be reckoned with as he never has to stop to eat or bandage and my priest never has to stop to drink (as he would fighting since I didn't have spirit tap with my PVP build). I still haven't assigned 3 points on my warrior though... I'm thinking maybe 2 in Improved Intercept and 1 more in Two-Handed Weapon Specialization. Since I don't do group DPS, the talent that makes bleeds add extra damage is worthless compared to always having a boost to my weapon damage range.

Cureli - 62 Mage:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft....xml?r=Alleria&n=Cureli

Currently playing with the idea of respeccing him into frost rather than fire. For leveling, I need a lot of control as my Shaman cannot take on elite melee mobs easily (Blizzard needs to address the fact that they left remnants of their old, silly idea of Shaman tanking behind), my mage would be able to kite them then. Although I have kited mobs with my shaman before, a class with the talents and the gear for it would be nicer. I would miss the excess DPS from fire though. I should probably work up his alchemy while he sits around so I can begin transmuting. I'd really like to discover primal earth -> primal life transmute as my warrior and shaman are both miners where my mage is my herbalist. With that transmute, I'd have the primal lifes that my priest needs.

Darrien - 62 Shaman:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft....ml?r=Alleria&n=Darrien

What can I say, he's a shaman.... I still need to level his jewelcrafting up though as I got a bit annoyed at the horrible selection of craftable items to use to level. I'll probably start leveling him along with the mage once my Warrior+Priest combo finishes Shadowmoon Valley (except the group quests usually).

Character's Not Linked:
Darrox - 28 Paladin
Quirdan - 29 Warlock
Tiramen - 23 Hunter
Turalon - 24 Druid

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
70 Shaman

I'm not currently guilded for a number of reasons. I don't particularly like raiding for one, never did in EQ (in fact when it became the only thing to do in that game, I quit). I might quit WoW soon as well. And I recently transferred off a dead server after about the 5th drama-induced guild disband / reform. Most of my closest friends had quit, I still have a pair of alts on that server to chat with acquaintances, and seriously, screw dead servers.

PS - just noticed my 5v5 rating, they must have played without me. It doesn't seem I missed out on much :Q Time to find another team lol...

PPS - just got my epic mount so I'm free to respec more often. My other (and preferred) spec is elemental, I'm at around 850 spell dmg / 20% crit in pve gear, ~775 spell dmg / 18% crit / 9250hp / 125resil in pvp gear. But a rogue in greens can still stun me to death in 10 seconds, which is part of why I'm considering quitting... Been resto for the past few weeks to have an easier time doing mass heroics for gear.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Aikouka
Cureli - 62 Mage:

Currently playing with the idea of respeccing him into frost rather than fire. For leveling,</end quote></div>

Do it, you won't regret it. Go arcane to clearcasting and the rest in frost.

Is there anything to aoe grind in TBC? My mage has flown from 20-40 just AoEing, I'm wondering if it'll slow down in Outland if there's nothing to kite.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Wonder if my character from 18 months ago still exists? Not that I'd want to play him.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CKent
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Aikouka
Cureli - 62 Mage:

Currently playing with the idea of respeccing him into frost rather than fire. For leveling,</end quote></div>

Do it, you won't regret it. Go arcane to clearcasting and the rest in frost.</end quote></div>

Is there anything to aoe grind in TBC? My mage has flown from 20-40 just AoEing, I'm wondering if it'll slow down in Outland if there's nothing to kite.</end quote></div>

There's a few places in Hellfire with a lot of buzzards pretty tight together, maybe 3 or 4 of those through out Hellfire. I suppose you could hop between them.

I mostly just quested tho. Its too easy not to because of the insane amount of rep and gold that you get (and will need).

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Do it, you won't regret it. Go arcane to clearcasting and the rest in frost.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Rf0VZZVIGIofxoVqt

That's the build I came up with just now. Although, I don't see Arcane Concentration as being good for really anything but PVE groups where you'll have longer fights.

Originally posted by: CKent
Is there anything to aoe grind in TBC? My mage has flown from 20-40 just AoEing, I'm wondering if it'll slow down in Outland if there's nothing to kite.

Thinking about mob setups and such...

Hellfire Peninsula: Buzzards
Zangarmarsh: Daggerfen broken (only area that doesn't either have sparse mobs or mobs that have melee and casters mixed in).
Terokkar Forest: Fel Orc peons, Buzzards (be careful of the big buzzard though).
Nagrand: those gazelle-like mobs
Blade's Edge Mountain: Ogres/Wolves in south central. There are no caster/ranged mobs mixed in with those.
Netherstorm: the undead at Ruins of Enkaat. Manaforge B'naar (go further east and they're mostly melee, but the geologists have rocks that they throw).
Shadowmoon Valley: Undead Karabor Clerics near Black Temple.

doggyfromplanetwoof

Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
Damn it, I wish I could do stuff like this in Guild Wars. :) I'd love to be able to view my chars online. Oh well.</end quote></div>

Blizzard's actually got some good things going on heh.

I'll only include the higher level characters in this:

Darro - 70 Rogue:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.....xml?r=Alleria&n=Darro

I kind of gave up on gearing my rogue after way too many PVE runs. I'm also a bit disappointed with Leatherworking after leveling my priest and seeing how decent tailoring is at the high levels. It seems Blizzard chose to give Leatherworking good/decent middle-range blue sets and to give Tailoring excellent epic sets.

Darron - 70 Priest:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft....xml?r=Alleria&n=Darron

My original PVP machina, the legendary Darron the Fear Bomber! Known throughout all of Lightning's Blade for his fearless fear tactics in Arathi Basin! He has since turned a new leaf and ventured over to the holy side as he partners with the other half of the dynamic duo. I'm working on getting the entire primal mooncloth set for my priest at the moment, but it will take a bit of time overall. I also need to get some better gems in my primal mooncloth belt as I was quite poor when I hit 70 and those gems were quite affordable :p. Now after some mass questing, I have well over 1000g.

Tieras - 70 Warrior:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft....xml?r=Alleria&n=Tieras

Tieras, originally named Darros when on Lightning's Blade, never really saw much play time. I absolutely hated leveling the character as he was my 3rd 60 after Darro (Rogue) and Darron (Priest). Playing those two relatively easy-to-level classes with their great advantages made my warrior seem like dung^2. Fortunately now with him helping my priest, he's a force to be reckoned with as he never has to stop to eat or bandage and my priest never has to stop to drink (as he would fighting since I didn't have spirit tap with my PVP build). I still haven't assigned 3 points on my warrior though... I'm thinking maybe 2 in Improved Intercept and 1 more in Two-Handed Weapon Specialization. Since I don't do group DPS, the talent that makes bleeds add extra damage is worthless compared to always having a boost to my weapon damage range.

Cureli - 62 Mage:

Currently playing with the idea of respeccing him into frost rather than fire. For leveling, I need a lot of control as my Shaman cannot take on elite melee mobs easily (Blizzard needs to address the fact that they left remnants of their old, silly idea of Shaman tanking behind), my mage would be able to kite them then. Although I have kited mobs with my shaman before, a class with the talents and the gear for it would be nicer. I would miss the excess DPS from fire though. I should probably work up his alchemy while he sits around so I can begin transmuting. I'd really like to discover primal earth -> primal life transmute as my warrior and shaman are both miners where my mage is my herbalist. With that transmute, I'd have the primal lifes that my priest needs.

Darrien - 62 Shaman:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft....ml?r=Alleria&n=Darrien

What can I say, he's a shaman.... I still need to level his jewelcrafting up though as I got a bit annoyed at the horrible selection of craftable items to use to level. I'll probably start leveling him along with the mage once my Warrior+Priest combo finishes Shadowmoon Valley (except the group quests usually).

Character's Not Linked:
Darrox - 28 Paladin
Quirdan - 29 Warlock
Tiramen - 23 Hunter
Turalon - 24 Druid

LOL.

One question, one question only.

Never mind. I already know the answer to that, your poor poor hand.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Aikouka
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX
Do it, you won't regret it. Go arcane to clearcasting and the rest in frost.</end quote></div>

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Rf0VZZVIGIofxoVqt

That's the build I came up with just now. Although, I don't see Arcane Concentration as being good for really anything but PVE groups where you'll have longer fights.

Like I said, great for leveling, its great having to drink maybe only 4 times per hour, tops.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: doggyfromplanetwoof
LOL.

One question, one question only.

Never mind. I already know the answer to that, your poor poor hand.

Actually, you wouldn't believe how many things you can do in World of Warcraft with one hand ;). I remember fighting Vaelastrasz the Corrupt with one hand... but the other most certainly was not touching me at all... but rather the (now) ex-girlfriend :evil:!

Like I said, great for leveling, its great having to drink maybe only 4 times per hour, tops.

Well, I play two characters at once anyway (Shaman + Mage), and I never have to drink on either of them. It's the one bonus you get from being duo'd up, you can typically take away a limiting factor of a class. My Warrior+Priest combo excelled in this, because a priest (without spirit tap) will lose mana quickly and not regain it fast without drinking... a warrior by himself will lose HP rather fast and have to resort to bandages or eating... which severely lowers rage after fights.

My Shaman+Mage combo is a bit "meh" compared to the benefits gained from Warrior+Priest. All I do is run into mobs with my Shaman, Stormstrike and let him auto attack while I use Fireball -> Scorch (a time or two) -> Fireblast. The mob usually dies from that as I crit fairly often (have about 25% fire crit?). My desire for changing to frost is control on fights that I can't simply let my shaman run in on. I remember fighting Blacktalon, the Rockflayer Matriarch and my Shaman was the Tank+Healer and he died at around 5% and my Mage was able to finish her off. I saw that as my initial problem with the setup and I know it's just going to get worse as I have to fight the elite melee naga in Zangarmarsh. I know I won't be able to defeat him without kiting or simply finding a group... but the purpose of playing two at once is also to not have to rely on finding others (I solo'd and still do solo a lot of elite quests on my Warrior+Priest combo). I actually tried restoration on my Shaman on the PTR and it wasn't too bad... not sure how well it'd work with my mage though.

EDIT: I'm thinking about respec'ing my Shaman to this build:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=GZxV0zE0sV0oZxcfthcoL

This way I will have a bit better healing for instances and all I'm really dropping is the ability to dual-wield. Although I do lose Unleashed Rage (+10% Attack Power on crit) with this as well.

AVP

Jan 19, 2005
for some reason I am unable to view the wow site at all. No links to it work with comcacst and my new Motorola gateway. Any suggestions?

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: AVP
for some reason I am unable to view the wow site at all. No links to it work with comcacst and my new Motorola gateway. Any suggestions?

Check your firewall or access control list, you may have inadvertently blocked it.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: AVP

If you use peerguardian that's to blame