Post your pet peeves about Smallville

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Perverts think a-like! I was thinking the same thing before clicking on the thread ... we don't get to see "enough" of Lana. Chloe on Lana scene would be great too. ;):D

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Originally posted by: helpme
Originally posted by: RichieZ
lana doesn't take her clothes off

LOL, that was my first thought before I even clicked on the thread.

LOL, thats make me like the 100th person to think this before even clicking on the thread.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Confused
Originally posted by: AvesPKS
The fact that their red pickup truck gets destroyed every other episode and is right back in the same place at the beginning of the next.

And i've lost track of how many other pickups they've destroyed as well :(

Originally posted by: RichieZ
lana doesn't take her clothes off

Right on!

Confused

I mean, at least when Whitney would wreck a truck, they'd give him a different one, not the same 70's truck in the same color each time. It's getting to be as bad as Voyager, where they'd destroy a shuttlecraft every other episode yet seemingly never ran out of them, even though they had no spare parts.

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
Scotty Doesn't Know :)

also, (argument w/ friend) do you ALREADY have the liver disease or do you inject yourself w/ the serum 1st, THEN get the liver disease?

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
my pet peeve:

some of the wierdness from kryptonite is too far fetched......(like the football coach controlling fire all of a sudden, the dude who can control electricity/magnetism and in turn control people's heads through the victim's electro-neuro system) :confused:

other than that, i enjoy the show

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Lager

5. Clark wears the same jacket in every episode.

How can this be a peeve? I guess in your world people don't have jackets that they wear a lot. Over here in reality, people tend to wear the same jacket quite often - almost every day for me.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: TheGameIs21
The biggest pet peeve is that I didn't know this show existed until middle-end of last season.

Netflix is your friend

Originally posted by: UlricT
x-ray vision! WHY dont I have it????

You'd be blind if you passed an alley in a big city, ever saw a motorcycle rally, or ever rode on public transportation. Recent statistics show that half of America is fat as well...

Still want it?

My pet peeve......Pete in a "Fast and Furious" episode, with Kryptonite as the NOS........why did they even have to do an episode like that???

Oh, and he knows he can fly now, Clark that is, so why doesn't he fly more?

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
My pet peeve......Pete in a "Fast and Furious" episode, with Kryptonite as the NOS........why did they even have to do an episode like that???

Oh, and he knows he can fly now, Clark that is, so why doesn't he fly more?

Clark doesn't know he can fly - I think he saw it in that one vision but he's never flown before. Like his other abilities it will probably come to him as time progresses, like his heat vision and such.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
My peeve - the messed up use of kryptonite - others here in a different Smallville thread touched on it. The red kryptonite class ring only affected him when he had it on, but it affected him when Pete slipped it into his shirt pocket?

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
1. Chloe is computer elite yet she uses a MAC.

What's wrong with OSX? She could be using Terminal and running shell scripts off camera...

3. Chloe by herself runs the entire newspaper.

No, she doesn't. She's only the head editor or whatnot. Clark even used to write articles for it.

4. Clark is too dumb to use the heat vision anytime someone is pointing a gun at him.

He's bulletproof...what does he care? Last time he used heat vision, he got blinded by kryptonite.

2. If the town had that many freaks I would get the fvck outta there.

Clark's family has money problems, Lana has no real family and Chloe's dad works at Lex's plant...they can't just pick up and move. I do think it's ridiculous that they have a never ending supply of pick-up trucks though.

I don't think Lana has ever kissed anyone on the show.

Nicodemus episode...by the pool.

My pet peeves:
1. Lana and Clark have the same dialogue in every show. We're on season 3...get somewhere already!
2. Pete. He's useless.

Not enough Lana and Chloe girl-girl action going on

VTBigBear

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
That's it's another worthless piece of crap TV show littering the airwaves...

WHAT???

just Lana herself justifies the show :)

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Lager
I'll go first.

1. Chloe is computer elite yet she uses a MAC.
Any type of printing and publishing involves a MAC. It's the industry standard.

2. If the town had that many freaks I would get the fvck outta there.
Yea, it reminds me of Buffy and that town she lives in...

3. Chloe by herself runs the entire newspaper.
That is not unusual, but I'm sure she has other students that at least submit articles.

4. Clark is too dumb to use the heat vision anytime someone is pointing a gun at him.
Then he would give himself a way... :p

I've been wearing the same coat for 2 years. Does that make me a freak? :Q

6. "Meteor rock" keeps giving people all these random people special powers. It's supposed to be completely inert to humans. Clark gets his powers/strength due to the incredibly dense molecular structure of his body, that allowed Kryptonians to live on Krypton. The sun's energy and earth's conditions give him those powers. The kryptonite only hurts him because the radiation produced from it's unusual elements can interact with Clark's own body. So why are these humans getting powers? If it reacted with their organics, it would nuke them into a puddle.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: SagaLore

6. "Meteor rock" keeps giving people all these random people special powers. It's supposed to be completely inert to humans. Clark gets his powers/strength due to the incredibly dense molecular structure of his body, that allowed Kryptonians to live on Krypton. The sun's energy and earth's conditions give him those powers. The kryptonite only hurts him because the radiation produced from it's unusual elements can interact with Clark's own body. So why are these humans getting powers? If it reacted with their organics, it would nuke them into a puddle.

The basis of Smallville's anti-heros is how the kryptonite affects others. It would make for a hell of a boring show if it didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryptonite

It was only assumed it had no affect on non-kryptonians.

lukatmyshu

Aug 22, 2001
If your high school had a girl who started eating people for sustanence, a football coach who could make things go on fire, girls who could change the way they look and killed their mother, and all of the other freaks on the show you can be sure that your parents would have pulled you out in a HEARTBEAT. I mean .... if you go to Smallville High you have a 35% chance of dying.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: lukatmyshu
If your high school had a girl who started eating people for sustanence, a football coach who could make things go on fire, girls who could change the way they look and killed their mother, and all of the other freaks on the show you can be sure that your parents would have pulled you out in a HEARTBEAT. I mean .... if you go to Smallville High you have a 35% chance of dying.

But you get to see Kristin Kreuk in tight form fitting clothes...so I guess it's worth it

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
I've never seen the show but just how big of a town is this Smallville supposed to be? Sounds like an awful lot of stuff happening in a small town. Reminds me of city of Sparta in The Heat of the Night series where they had more going on in that little place than New York and Chicago combined!

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Well, if Metropolis is supposed to be Kansas City (think large town in Kansas) and its not Wichita and smallville is not that far away but it also in kansas, then I must be living in Smallville (Lawrence) before Freestate school came to be.

Unless smallville is Desoto KS.. but I doubt it.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Well, if Metropolis is supposed to be Kansas City (think large town in Kansas) and its not Wichita and smallville is not that far away but it also in kansas, then I must be living in Smallville (Lawrence) before Freestate school came to be.

Unless smallville is Desoto KS.. but I doubt it.