Post your personal 2012 election predictions here!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Obama absolutely wins EC in this election and gets a second term. Anybody who doesn't think the same at this point is blinded by their bias and partisan hackery.

Last edited:

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
Obama will win by a thin margin, and as others have said GOP retains house and Dems retain the Senate.

Nov 30, 2006
Obama wins 271-267! However, Romney wins popular vote by .5%!

Key battleground states:
PA: O+4
WI: O+1
NV: R+1
OH: O+1
NH: R+1
IA: O+1
CO: R+1
VA: R+1
FL: R+2
NC: R+4

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Interesting conundrum, how would the secret service deal with a fist fight between the pres and the VP? Both details start beating the crap out of each other?

Hopefully let them fight it out between the two of them. Maybe even provide weapons.

Nov 30, 2006
Obama absolutely wins EC in this election and gets a second term. Anybody who doesn't think the same at this point is blinded by their bias and partisan hackery.
This is going to be a close race...anybody who doesn't think the same at this point is blinded by their bias and partisan hackery.

Feb 10, 2000
Here is my map:

Electoralmap.jpg

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
My prediction?

Godzilla wins the election.

His VP candidate is Donkey Kong.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I'm surprised at the number of people thinking NV is an Obama lock. I'm an apolitical Nevadan and I would not be surprised at all to see Romney take the state, and by a comfortable margin too.

Feb 10, 2000

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
That's I feel his best outcome...ok, he MIGHT swing florida if early voting is correct. That's the best he's going to do. I'm worried FL, VA and CO are going red, I see that as his floor.

I don't care too much about margin of victory, but I would love it if Florida went blue. We could all just go to bed at that point.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
This is going to be a close race...anybody who doesn't think the same at this point is blinded by their bias and partisan hackery.

That is what the mainstream media wants us to believe. It sells ads. They love the horse race.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
That is what the mainstream media wants us to believe. It sells ads. They love the horse race.

I think it's a close race. Silver is still giving Romney a 20% chance of winning. I'm hoping that as the post Sandy polls come out, that goes down, but it's not guaranteed.

Edit: To be clear, by "close" I don't mean dead heat or tossup or anything like that. If two sprinters come down the stretch and one is two strides in front of the other, it's close, but unless something unusual happens, the one in front should win.

Last edited:

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
1/5 is a lot different than the 50/50 that the media is selling.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

You're absolutely right but so is he. "Close" is correct here but it only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
All the recent polling, by every source, has Obama up in Nevada - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/nv/nevada_romney_vs_obama-1908.html

Obviously this is no guarantee, but all signs point to him winning Nevada.

The local elections in NV are really going to push the Presidential numbers. The D's have a voter registration lead over the R's statewide but there is a lot of D voter apathy. Shelley Berkley, an incumbent D from So. NV, could very well lose to Dean Heller (also an incumbent due to redistricting). Steven Horsford, a very popular D and outgoing State Senate Majority Leader, is currently losing to challenger Danny Tarkanian in a very heavily D district. Sheila Leslie, a State Senate D, could lose her seat to Greg Brower (also an incumbent due to redistricting).

If Heller, Tarkanian, and Brower win, which looks likely, I've got to think that the R's will have mobilized enough voters to push NV to Romney.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
I predict that the winner of the election will print at least 5 trillion and give it to his buddies on wall street. We will "spread democracy" to 2 more middle east countries, at the expense of many lives and at least 2 trillion dollars. We will arm yet another al qaeda type group, and those weapons will be used against our own troops or even civilians, and we will worship our glorious fuhrer for his grand strategizing. I predict that the new president will sign any draconian legislation like that NDAA, no matter how much of it gets stripped out by the supreme court.

Take any page out of the book of stupid and that is basically what we will have. And I'll be 100% correct. Because there is no frickin difference between the candidates. That's what 1 party rule means. It's called a dic-frickin-tator-ship. Wall street banks are your ruler. Cognitive dissonance is the force that has you pining for obomney.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I don't think Romney has a chance.

Americans are not that stupid. only an idiot would believe he's got a chance... let alone vote for him. I will predict that Obama wins by 80% or more.

Posted from Anandtech.com App for Android

MaxPayne63

Dec 19, 2011
Repeat of 2000, with legions of sleazy lawyers using every loophole in the book to disenfranchise people voting for the other party.

If we're lucky the debacle will be drawn out long enough to coincide with the fiscal cliff and it'll be game over, man.

Oh and in the end it still won't matter if middle management is controlled by the sock puppet on the right or left hand.

Last edited: