Post your personal 2012 election predictions here!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Obama 303 which includes NV, CO, WI, VA, OH, NH, etc. CO and FL I think are the most "toss up" right now but I think Obama will ultimately get CO and Romney FL. However, I'm also inclined to agree with Blackjack above and that FL may like how Obama acted with Sandy and with how much FL depends on FEMA. NC could be a surprise again, but I don't think Obama will get it this time. Early voting for him appears to be very strong for him however.

Popular vote I give him a 1.5-2.5 point lead.

I think the Democrats will gain a seat in the Senate (if Murdoch bombs it'll be two) and they will pick up 5-10 seats in the house.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I will cautiously predict a Romney victory. 271-267. Romney gets Wisky and New Hampshire.

Jan 25, 2011
1280866371-spiderman_suicide__2006_acrilico_su_tela_cm._80x100.jpg

And Obama around 300Ev, dem senate around 52 and GOP retain house.

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
Obama wins.
That's the end of it.
Like it or not - DEAL WITH IT.

Anyone who want's to argue over this is diluting themselves.
He won - It's over. He had 2012 locked up back in '08!

Move on folks, nothing to see here. Stop living in denial.

Last edited:

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Obama wins.
That's the end of it.
Like it or not - DEAL WITH IT.

Anyone who want's to argue over this is diluting themselves.
He won - It's over. He had 2012 locked up back in '08!

Move on folks, nothing to see here. Stop living in denial.

Diluting yourself can be dangerous, just ask the lady in Sacramento who dies during the "Hold your wee for a Wii" contest.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
My prediction is that I will be $500 richer.

Feb 10, 2000
Wouldn't that be a 1099-G? :whiste:

When I won in a raffle by the BMW Car Club of America a few years ago, they sent a 1099-MISC, but perhaps raffles are treated differently or they just screwed up.

EDIT: a 1099-G is used for "certain government payments." I don't think that is the applicable form. Maybe the BMWCCA got it right after all! Sounds like the W-2G is the actual form used.

Last edited:

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Romney. I predict he'll be the 1st GOP candidate to lose OH and still win as he'll take FL, VA, and maybe another swing state or two due to above average white voter turnout like NH or WI.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
lol, same here and same guy.

Every year I play in a serious fantasy football league where we put a decent amount of $$ into it. I don't pick players for my fantasy team because they are on the team I root for. I go off of objective stat projections. I think someone needs to learn the wisdom of not putting your money on your emotions, and it isn't you.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Hmm - I guess you're right. When I won in a raffle by the BMW Car Club of America a few years ago, they sent a 1099-MISC, but perhaps raffles are treated differently or they just screwed up.

Yeah, you didn't wager anything. You bought a ticket. Believe me, I know the 1099-G form. :oops:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Diluting yourself can be dangerous, just ask the lady in Sacramento who dies during the "Hold your wee for a Wii" contest.
LMAO!

Obama by 2.3%, 290 to 248. Obama loses Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia but keeps Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Pubbies pick up two seats in the Senate, six in the House.

I also predict:
This will be the first election where at least three states have heavily Democrat districts that remain open after legal hours.

President Obama will add almost a full point of popular vote after election night.

President Obama will amaze even his worst detractors and foamiest supporters in what he will do by executive order and bureaucrat fiat.

At least one conservative SCOTUS justice will be replaced, leading to the repeal of District of Columbia v. Heller/McDonald v. Chicago as well as nullifying all voter ID requirements.

This will be the last Presidential election where someone even nominally conservative runs competitively until at least the USA's first debt default or down-rating to 'A'. (Of course, if the latter happens before 2016 as seems likely that won't mean much.)

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
LMAO!

Obama by 2.3%, 290 to 248. Obama loses Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia but keeps Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Pubbies pick up two seats in the Senate, six in the House.

I also predict:
This will be the first election where at least three states have heavily Democrat districts that remain open after legal hours.

President Obama will add almost a full point of popular vote after election night.

President Obama will amaze even his worst detractors and foamiest supporters in what he will do by executive order and bureaucrat fiat.

At least one conservative SCOTUS justice will be replaced, leading to the repeal of District of Columbia v. Heller/McDonald v. Chicago as well as nullifying all voter ID requirements.

This will be the last Presidential election where someone even nominally conservative runs competitively until at least the USA's first debt default or down-rating to 'A'. (Of course, if the latter happens before 2016 as seems likely that won't mean much.)

Why do you have Obama winning red southern states like Virginia and North Carolina?

You really think Wisconites will vote against their own?
I said I think Obama loses Virginia and North Carolina - both of which he won handily in 2008. And yes, I think Wisconsinites will vote for Obama over Romney. There's a very strong Democrat machine in Wisconsin, and while Ryan is popular in the state, he's not overwhelmingly so.

How's the recovery coming along, by the way?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
For the hell of it I'll say Romney slightly edges Obama in the popular vote but loses the EC.

Whoever wins will call this a vindication or renouncement although statistically it might as well be a toss of a coin.